Dawnguard Is Bugged

EndgameV

Might as well add mention my bug about dawnguard, some of the creatures have missing names. the health bars appear, the lines that appear on either side of the target name are there, but no name. the so far ive seen it with the mutant black dog things and the living statues, but im sure there are more. humans/vampires are fine so far it could just be me but if anyone else knows what im dealing with please help.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had trouble with a couple if problems mentioned in this thread that have started since I installed Dawnguard. Luckily, I have managed to fix them.

The first problem was when I loaded a saved game ( no matter what location I was at when I saved) It would always place me in the Sleeping Giant Inn. When trying to exit the inn I would get a CTD. I also got forced into 3rd person view every few seconds.

To fix this I had to disable the 'Skyrim Scaling Stopper Misc Edits" mod. This has some kind of border removal built in to it which seems to be conflicting with Dawnguard. I know the mod author has released an updated version which is compatible with Dawnguard, but I have not tried it yet.

The second problem was the game freezing every 70 seconds for about 3 seconds each time. After reading the advice in this thread I also checked my saves and noticed they were slowly bloating. I tried starting a new game and both problems were still there. I remember SoS doing a huge update (I had the Steam Workshop Version) just before I installed Dawnguard.

To fix this one I disabled the three 'Sounds of Skyrim' mods I had installed, however I noticed that the problem persisted with the saves that were created after the SoS update and installation of Dawnguard. I either had to load a save previous to the SoS update, or start a new character.

I have yet to complete one quest without the help of console commands. I should have waited until this thing is on the $5 discount download rack. I love Skyrim, hate this DLC.

For anyone who is having major save file bloating issues since getting dawnguard feel free to contact me here.

I have had so much difficulty with this and I cannot fix it.

Here my topic on the subject, in it I have tried almost everything I could.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/63638394

I've also got a problem with the save file becoming bloated. It was all fine up until I started the quest where you have to retrieve the blood rings (save file of around 9MB), but now whenever I save it grows by about 150KB. It reached over 50MB before I noticed something was wrong.

It's also causing a bug whereby if I turn in to a vampire lord, the animation won't trigger, and I basically get "stuck" in my normal form without being able to access any of the menus. I also can't save when I do manage to transform in to a vampire lord (not sure if this is meant to be the case though).

I've tried disabling all my mods to no avail. Even if I go back to a much older save it still starts becoming bloated. However if I load a game that I haven't played Dawnguard with, it's fine.

Yes this is exactly what is happening to me!!! My vampire lord is very buggy either it takes too much time to transform or I get stuck where I cannot access the charater menu. My save file will start to bloat in the mission where we find valerica in the soul cairn. goes from 13mb to 19 and then the 50s by the end of the questline. Soon enough I will get a CTD every time I load the save. I find this size to be around 130mb range.

I reload to a save on my character where I had setup to start the DLC and in the end I keep on getting bloated saves.

I've done everything possible except just start a brand new file, but Ive invested so much time in my main file that I really don't want to if I dont have to.

Im currently just playing my file in the mission before the soul cairn and I am fine no bloating no nothing, I have dona all the side missions for the DG and can still install mods fine. but once I start that mission then it all goes to S***

Bump: I'm experiencing the same issue, I've realtered my scripting mods, even went through lengths to uninstall multiple mods, but to no avail :-( I have the same animation issue happening to both werewolf and vampire lord forms. Sometimes, even the blood sucking animation will cause my character to be unable to interact with anything.

• 1 month later...

The third person bug plagues everyone on the PC

If you are using Windows 7 then:

Right click on the Skyrimlauncher.exe

Left click on properties which is at the very bottom of the list.

Click on the Compatibility tab.

Click on everything XBOX does not have.

Disable Virtual Themes

Disable Desktop Composition

Disable Display Scaling

You should also run as administrator.

This bug is actually Microsofts fault and not Bethesda

Has to do with a bug in microsofts scrolling and mouse wheel software

• 4 weeks later...
has anyone had problems with travelling for example I try to walk into whiterun and the gates open then the loading screen starts then when it ends im still standing outside whiterun as if id just left, the same thing happens when I try to fast travel. if so does anyone know how to fix this its very problematic as no mods are causing this (checked) and Google does not help. its a game breaker as ive been stuck not being able to enter anything for days.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a major problem, I'm in the awakening quest, stuck at the part right before press the button that allows you to complete the puzzle to wake up Serana. My problem is that whenever I press the button, it forces me into third person and fixes the camera, so that I can rotate my character, but the camera does not follow. This is very annoying, as it requires me to tfc twice in order to rearrange the camera wherever my character is facing. I have not found anything that solves this; whether it's just waiting, going through the dungeon with difficulty and exiting the dungeon back into outside Skyrim, or even disabling certain mods such as idle mods. I'm not sure if it's a mod conflict or not. Belua Sanguinare released a patch between itself and Dawnguard, which did not solve my problem; nor did throwing in the Unofficial Dawnguard patch, or using a save file editor mentioned in this thread. Anyone have any ideas?