Dawnguard Is Bugged

EndgameV

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i the only one that ca't exit the castle after i choose not to become Vampire Lord ? (All doors require a Key)

Also, if i accept the Vampire Blood, Get stuck into Vampire Lord Form in the Altar Room ? Anyone Else ?

Reaper

I have almost the same problem. If I accept the Vampire Blood I get stuck in Vampire lord form. I can hover around the castle but that's all.

If I reject - Harkon banishes me from castle and I can move, travel, use Shouts but I can't use weapon or magic.

Couldn't find solution so far.

_______

Ok, now my Dawnguard is running smoothly! I've tried to play for both sides (vampire and Dawnguard) and two quests later everything seems ok.

I'm running about 20 mods including body and animation replacers.

I removed next mods from my list, made clean save and it fixed my problem with Dawnguard:

Enhanced_Blood_Textures_2

W.A.T.E.R

Skyrim_Spells_And_Powers_By_WarriorKeKe_-_Version_1-7

these mods were activated just before Dawnguard so I removed them just in case:

Camps_of_the_Wilderness_-_MapMarker_Edition

Expanded_Towns_and_Villages

Clam_Farm

TEG_Telvanni Hall

To be honest I have no idea which one from this list caused me trouble with Dawnguard (I suspect blood and water because some people reported similar problems.)

I love these mods, they are all great and I'm going to test them later one by one because I want them back in my game!

Hope my list will help somebody else.

Edited by Celestia212

the only problem i run into so far is doing the repeatable quests in the castle the last one i got was to go turn so and so into a vampire, but they are already one so i cant do the quest and get something else unless i force it to finish with the console lol.

Does anyone know how to fix the "statue on wheels" bug? I recorded it, so people know what the hell I'm talking about.

Sometimes I can fix it by restarting the game, but is there any other ways to fix it?

Are you with comedy central? looks like a bad episode of south park :biggrin:

I just installed download and noticed save bloating occurring. My saves went from 8mb to 30mb, I get random freezes for a second or two, and whenever I pull up menu by pressing tab it forces my 3rd person perspective all way up close.

I deactivated the dawnguard esm and all is fine again. No problems, my saves are back down to 8mb.

Is this because of a mod conflict? What's going on?

Here are my esms:

skyrim.esm

update.esm

dawnguard.esm

skymomod.esm

apachiihair.esm

apachiihairfemales.esm

blacktowerarmory.esm

lanterns of skyrim.esm

3rderaweaponsMos.esm

climatesoftamriel.esm

malise-a companoin.esm

For anyone who is having major save file bloating issues since getting dawnguard feel free to contact me here.

I have had so much difficulty with this and I cannot fix it.

Here my topic on the subject, in it I have tried almost everything I could.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/63638394

I've also got a problem with the save file becoming bloated. It was all fine up until I started the quest where you have to retrieve the blood rings (save file of around 9MB), but now whenever I save it grows by about 150KB. It reached over 50MB before I noticed something was wrong.

It's also causing a bug whereby if I turn in to a vampire lord, the animation won't trigger, and I basically get "stuck" in my normal form without being able to access any of the menus. I also can't save when I do manage to transform in to a vampire lord (not sure if this is meant to be the case though).

I've tried disabling all my mods to no avail. Even if I go back to a much older save it still starts becoming bloated. However if I load a game that I haven't played Dawnguard with, it's fine.

Edited by cycle209

I'm encountering another type of bug, not exactly mentioned here. It's a travel bug: whenever I fast travel or simply enter a cave or a structure, after the loading screen I can hear the indoor music and enviroment sounds (like running water), but the game freezes and I only see black screen. I've tried waiting, but it didn't help.

This started happening only when I started playing Dawnguard. I'll try to experiment with mods (I have 60+ active mods) and test it all out. I'll reload an older save, turn off all mods and play with pure Skyrim and Dawnguard, and add mods, one by one, after sufficient testing.

If anyone else has a travel bug, and has experimented with it, please share your knowledge.

Does anyone know how to fix the "statue on wheels" bug? I recorded it, so people know what the hell I'm talking about.

Sometimes I can fix it by restarting the game, but is there any other ways to fix it?

Are you with comedy central? looks like a bad episode of south park :biggrin:

It's funny at first, but it gets annoying fast. =|

For anyone who is having major save file bloating issues since getting dawnguard feel free to contact me here.

I have had so much difficulty with this and I cannot fix it.

Here my topic on the subject, in it I have tried almost everything I could.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/63638394

I've also got a problem with the save file becoming bloated. It was all fine up until I started the quest where you have to retrieve the blood rings (save file of around 9MB), but now whenever I save it grows by about 150KB. It reached over 50MB before I noticed something was wrong.

It's also causing a bug whereby if I turn in to a vampire lord, the animation won't trigger, and I basically get "stuck" in my normal form without being able to access any of the menus. I also can't save when I do manage to transform in to a vampire lord (not sure if this is meant to be the case though).

I've tried disabling all my mods to no avail. Even if I go back to a much older save it still starts becoming bloated. However if I load a game that I haven't played Dawnguard with, it's fine.

Yes this is exactly what is happening to me!!! My vampire lord is very buggy either it takes too much time to transform or I get stuck where I cannot access the charater menu. My save file will start to bloat in the mission where we find valerica in the soul cairn. goes from 13mb to 19 and then the 50s by the end of the questline. Soon enough I will get a CTD every time I load the save. I find this size to be around 130mb range.

I reload to a save on my character where I had setup to start the DLC and in the end I keep on getting bloated saves.

I've done everything possible except just start a brand new file, but Ive invested so much time in my main file that I really don't want to if I dont have to.

Im currently just playing my file in the mission before the soul cairn and I am fine no bloating no nothing, I have dona all the side missions for the DG and can still install mods fine. but once I start that mission then it all goes to S***