NPC hostile to vampire at stage 4 -Dawnguard

Saber310

Got a response from the Bethesda forums, that it might be PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex that's spooking somehow, its a script that comes with customraces.esm

Haven't tried this myself though as of yet.

This solution does conflict with xxxSUMIxxx previous success with the Ashen race, but it might work for some.

Got a response from the Bethesda forums, that it might be PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex that's spooking somehow, its a script that comes with customraces.esm

This solution does conflict with xxxSUMIxxx previous success with the Ashen race, but it might work for some.

Have tried it now, it works for me atleast.

What you need to do is to rename/remove/move the file PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex that resides in skyrim\Data\scripts

Not sure what kind of drawbacks this "fix" gives though, it has to have been there for a reason right?

Have tried it now, it works for me atleast.

What you need to do is to rename/remove/move the file PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex that resides in skyrim\Data\scripts

Not sure what kind of drawbacks this "fix" gives though, it has to have been there for a reason right?

love you man that works

I can confirm that removing the original .pex file works like a charm, NPCs and the Vampires at the keep no longer attack me when I'm at stage 4 now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I never had that file (lol) and i still have the issue. I also never bought dawnguard, it showed up when I came back to try Skyre and changed some mods. At first I thought it was a mod's plugin creating traces of it, but so far Ive gotten through several missions and am now to the part where ive transformed into a vampire lord for the first time. Its when i follow harkon down the stairs, everyone in hosile in the home/place. Calm or pacify will allow me to talk to the few people i have tried it with. Theres a chance that steam oopsed the all the DLC to people during a promotion.

Is force faction rank an option here?

TLDR: how did i get dawnguard? but not have that file, and still get its issues?

(PS dont reinstall skyrim if you have this miracle- you will lose it)

Edited by caber1240

I never had that file (lol) and i still have the issue. I also never bought dawnguard, it showed up when I came back to try Skyre and changed some mods. At first I thought it was a mod's plugin creating traces of it, but so far Ive gotten through several missions and am now to the part where ive transformed into a vampire lord for the first time. Its when i follow harkon down the stairs, everyone in hosile in the home/place. Calm or pacify will allow me to talk to the few people i have tried it with. Theres a chance that steam oopsed the all the DLC to people during a promotion.

Is force faction rank an option here?

TLDR: how did i get dawnguard? but not have that file, and still get its issues?

(PS dont reinstall skyrim if you have this miracle- you will lose it)

So ive seen some talk about custom races not working, but i dont use a custom race, just better vampire eyes mod (which isnt the issue). I found some people have fixed it by loading a save before meeting harkon.