Npc won't move - dawnguard SPOILER

orctor

Edit: How to fix Valerica not moving.

I've gotten 2 private messages about this so it seems to be a common bug there for I will post the solution below:

Note this is not the most optional fix as you will miss out on some dialog but atleast it will let you finish the quest.

WARNING spoilers below about the quest.

Go into the boneyard and kill the dragon. Then somewhere to the right there should be a small little room kinda thing with a chest.

Simply go into the console and click on the chest then type in disable. You will now be able to take the elder scroll.

Now the quest should update and you will be able to talk to her.

I hope this helps.

Edited by orctor

I would love to know the fix. I'm having the same issue. Serana says her mother is taking us to the elder scroll. Valerica keeps saying follow me, I've defeated the dragon in the soul cairn, Valerica still stands there like a statue repeatedly telling me to follow her.

In my game after the main dawnguard quest I saved the smaller side quests for last and either Ronthil and Garan Marethi never moved, but I was able to get all there side quests with no problems, I guess the developers did that on purpose so they'd be easier to find!..

It is the main quest of Dawnguard that I am stuck on. I can not get the elder scroll from the soul cairn because Valerica will not lead me to it.

It is the main quest of Dawnguard that I am stuck on. I can not get the elder scroll from the soul cairn because Valerica will not lead me to it.

this may help

you have to kill the boneyard keepers first, and then return to her with the daughter

Edited by sinnerman69

this may help

you have to kill the boneyard keepers first, and then return to her with the daughter

I've already completed that. I'm back with the daughter and the barrier is gone. The mother says to follow her, then she stands there and doesn't go anywhere at all. She keeps telling me to follow her, the daughter keeps saying her mother is taking us there and to follow her, but the mother does not move. just stands there.

The mother never hands the scroll to you, it's up to you to approach a small light blue coffin like box it's stored in and retrieve it

She wont even go thru the doors to go to the coffin. She stands right where I found her and doesn't move. There is a thread on the steam forums where people are saying they have the exact same glitch. I had to skip the last of the quest to do with her mother with console commands. Missed out on some plot, and have to hear the daughter say 'She is leading us to the scroll' over and over again, but at least I'm out of the soul cairn now.