Can't turn to Vampire Lord anymore, I made a mistake

PeterTran

EDIT: I fixed the problem, after a painful day, I found that the culprit was two loose script files I accidently made...

Alright, I installed Dawnguard to give it a go, everything was working fine, I got through some of the vampire faction quests, got Vampire Lord form. Everything was working fine.

So out of curiosity, I loaded up Dawnguard into the creation kit, and started poking around. I opened the DLC1PlayerVampireQuest, quest, and I was looking in the scripts and looked at the properties of the script DLC1PlayerVampireChangeScript, and I saw a property that read: CrimeFactions.

I thought that might have had to do with NPCs attacking the Vampire Lord on sight, so I wanted to toy with it and I cleared the value in that property. An error came up, I don't remember what it was (it was really late), though I think it mentioned compiling of some sort. I ignored it and made a new esp to see if what I did worked. And when I got into the game, I tried to change into Vampire Lord form and well... this happened:

Click here if video below doesn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1G-P-Psnbs&feature=youtu.be

So after that I removed the esp, and the bug still persisted. I tried reinstalling DG (by deleting the Dawnguard.esm and the Dawnguard.bsa, and then steam automatically downloads it again), and that didn't help. I even tried reinstalling the Syrim.esm, and the misc.bsa. And even after all that the bug still persisted. I have no clue what to do, and would very much appreciate assistance.

Note: I did not save at all during this process, I used my save from before my opening DG in the CK. I even tried reverting to a previous save, and adding the Vampire Lord power via console, and it was the same bug.

Edited by PeterTran

Update: Even now after completely uninstalling skyrim and reinstalling it... the bug persists.

Update 2: Even after creating a new character to try, still does not work. I'm looming over the edge of despair.

Edited by PeterTran

Bump, and I've looked in my Papyrus log and found something I think is relevant to my bug. (Yes I have been at it all day)

But I don't know what to do about it, I tried adding those properties it says is missing, but I haven't got a clue how.

[08/04/2012 - 05:53:07PM] VAMPIRE: Casting transformation spell on [Actor < (00000014)>]
[08/04/2012 - 05:53:07PM] warning: Property DLC1PlayerWerewolfSavageFeeding on script DLC1_QF_DLC1PlayerVampireQues_010071D0 attached to DLC1PlayerVampireQuest (020071D0) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[08/04/2012 - 05:53:07PM] warning: Property WerewolfFeedPerk on script DLC1_QF_DLC1PlayerVampireQues_010071D0 attached to DLC1PlayerVampireQuest (020071D0) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[08/04/2012 - 05:53:07PM] VAMPIRE: Starting change anim...
[08/04/2012 - 05:53:07PM] warning: Property DLC1VampireChangeEffect on script dlc1playervampirechangescript attached to DLC1PlayerVampireQuest (020071D0) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[08/04/2012 - 05:53:07PM] error: Method GetAlias not found on tweakdfscript. Aborting call and returning None
stack:

I just don't get it, even if I somehow modified the scripts, simply verifying the game cache should've fixed that; and hell, reinstalling definitely should've fixed it... Surely someone has even the slightest idea? Any suggestions, please.

EDIT: Ran another test one more time, here's another log for good measure:

[08/04/2012 - 07:06:44PM] VAMPIRE: Casting transformation spell on [Actor < (00000014)>]
[08/04/2012 - 07:06:44PM] warning: Property DLC1VampireChangeEffect on script dlc1playervampirechangescript attached to DLC1PlayerVampireQuest (020071D0) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[08/04/2012 - 07:06:44PM] VAMPIRE: Starting change anim...
[08/04/2012 - 07:06:44PM] warning: Property WerewolfFeedPerk on script DLC1_QF_DLC1PlayerVampireQues_010071D0 attached to DLC1PlayerVampireQuest (020071D0) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[08/04/2012 - 07:06:44PM] warning: Property DLC1PlayerWerewolfSavageFeeding on script DLC1_QF_DLC1PlayerVampireQues_010071D0 attached to DLC1PlayerVampireQuest (020071D0) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[08/04/2012 - 07:06:45PM] error: Method GetAlias not found on tweakdfscript. Aborting call and returning None
stack:

Edited by PeterTran

Hey how do you access DLC1PlayerVampireQuest script? Is it only accessible through CK? Cause I know vanilla PlayerVampireQuest is accessible as a loose script in data/scripts/source/ but I couldnt find the dlc scripts. Im asking cause Im adding vampire abilities and need to the scripts to add them properly, editing PlayerVampireQuest got it working with vanilla vampires but not vampire lord vampires (dawnguard ones). Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

How did you even edit your scripts?? I loaded them in ck and all it tells me is it cant open them because they arent in the scripts folder and Im like no s***.... Any help?

You can only edit the properties, not the source. Like I said, it's because Beth didn't release the source scripts yet. That's what I was doing while the bug happened, I was editing the properties. Just right click the script in question.

EDIT: I fixed the problem, after a painful day, I found that the culprit was two loose script files I accidently made...

Alright, I installed Dawnguard to give it a go, everything was working fine, I got through some of the vampire faction quests, got Vampire Lord form. Everything was working fine.

So out of curiosity, I loaded up Dawnguard into the creation kit, and started poking around. I opened the DLC1PlayerVampireQuest, quest, and I was looking in the scripts and looked at the properties of the script DLC1PlayerVampireChangeScript, and I saw a property that read: CrimeFactions.

I thought that might have had to do with NPCs attacking the Vampire Lord on sight, so I wanted to toy with it and I cleared the value in that property. An error came up, I don't remember what it was (it was really late), though I think it mentioned compiling of some sort. I ignored it and made a new esp to see if what I did worked. And when I got into the game, I tried to change into Vampire Lord form and well... this happened:

Click here if video below doesn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1G-P-Psnbs&feature=youtu.be

So after that I removed the esp, and the bug still persisted. I tried reinstalling DG (by deleting the Dawnguard.esm and the Dawnguard.bsa, and then steam automatically downloads it again), and that didn't help. I even tried reinstalling the Syrim.esm, and the misc.bsa. And even after all that the bug still persisted. I have no clue what to do, and would very much appreciate assistance.

Note: I did not save at all during this process, I used my save from before my opening DG in the CK. I even tried reverting to a previous save, and adding the Vampire Lord power via console, and it was the same bug.

Hey, I'm glad I found this, see I'm having this EXACTA SAME ERROR, difference is it's been happening to me with me even poking playing with scripts. From my first use of the vampire lord power that's been happening to me. Don't supose you'd be willing to help me fix it somehow? :/