Dawnguard Scripts & Script Source code

SoulLimit

I have just bought Dawnguard and after finally getting the CK to work with it, I find out that i cannot edit the scripts because they and their source code does not exist.

Does anyone know how to get these?

(NOTE - I do have a legitimate version of Skyrim & dawnguard, just incase anyone thinks that an illegal version is the problem.

Thanks in advance

SoulLimit

Idk dude Im in the same position. Trying to add new vampire abilities with scripts but can only do so with vanilla vampires because thats the only script I can find, which isnt terrible but I want vampire lords to share in them as well.... Let me know if you find out anything.

I think we need a CK update for it.

The Skyrim script (source) folder wasn't there until the CK release. So i'm afraid we need to wait a proper Dawnguard CK version (that will hopefully fix the workaround we must do to avoid the loading error).

Unfortunately this probably won't be released, because people can essentially copy Dawnguard that way. Dawnguard does not create a new .exe at all, all the stuff is in the .bsa, .esm and the scripts. Even the new skill trees are entirely scripted with a huge work-around.

Make some noise on the official forum, where they at least will read it ;) (Gstaff at least)

My link

Unfortunately this probably won't be released, because people can essentially copy Dawnguard that way. Dawnguard does not create a new .exe at all, all the stuff is in the .bsa, .esm and the scripts. Even the new skill trees are entirely scripted with a huge work-around.

I don't think they won't release it. They have been very supportive to the modding comunity after all. They know that the Nexus gets administrated very well and the only other big channel, the workshop, is controlled by themselves. So there is actually no reason...

Edited by xyks

Make some noise on the official forum, where they at least will read it ;) (Gstaff at least)

My link

I don't think they won't release it. They have been very supportive to the modding comunity after all. They know that the Nexus gets administrated very well and the only other big channel, the workshop, is controlled by themselves. So there is actually no reason...

It doesn't work that simple, that'd be far too naive. Nexus isn't the only Skyrim community on the web. There's a lot of other skyrim mod communities that don't have a check-first-then-approve system ran by moderators.

My link

It doesn't work that simple, that'd be far too naive. Nexus isn't the only Skyrim community on the web. There's a lot of other skyrim mod communities that don't have a check-first-then-approve system ran by moderators.

Maybe, still the vast majority of the comunity is sticking to those sites I'd say. + THey released the tuff for Oblivion as well... + IF DG would remain unmoddable that might turn into a shitstorm if you are looking how much Beth praises having an active modding comunity

would we necessarily need the scripts? Ive been trying to add new vampire abilities by simply editing the scripts, but it hasnt exactly been working. Then I tried just writing a new custom script and I've had more success. Im not very good at scripting things but to me it seems like the way to go is just to write our own.