Crossbow animations...having issues

JeremeW5257

Has anyone else had problems with the crossbow animations? When I equip the crossbow and try to run in 3rd person, it looks like I'm a statue rolling along on skates with the crossbow in my hand. If I switch to 1st person, it looks normal. Also, when the slow mo "kill cam" does its cinematic animation, I just stand or sit still and nothing happens. I noticed that there's several DLC folders in the Dawnguard BSA folder that are not in my DATA folder. Could that be the issue? I can't imagine that I have to manually drag and drop them into my mesh/animation folders.

This most likely is caused by a behavior modifying mod, based on an older Skyrim version. I would like to find the culprit. So could you please do the following checks:

- Which behavior modyfing mods are you using: FNIS (old versions?), AP, japonese mods from other sites, ...?

- Please look, if you have the following files, in the order that I list them. Then move this file to a different place, and check if crossbow is fixed.

1) data/meshes/actors/character/behaviors/mt_behavior.hkx

2) data/meshes/actors/character/behaviors/0_master.hkx

3) data/meshes/actors/character/behaviors/crossbow_direction_behavior.hkx

4) data/meshes/actors/character/characters/defaultmale.hkx and data/meshes/actors/character/characters female/defaultfemale.hkx

IF one of these tests are successful, please note the EXACT size (Bytes) of the causing file (explorer > click file > right-click > properties).

This most likely is caused by a behavior modifying mod, based on an older Skyrim version. I would like to find the culprit. So could you please do the following checks:

- Which behavior modyfing mods are you using: FNIS (old versions?), AP, japonese mods from other sites, ...?

- Please look, if you have the following files, in the order that I list them. Then move this file to a different place, and check if crossbow is fixed.

1) data/meshes/actors/character/behaviors/mt_behavior.hkx

2) data/meshes/actors/character/behaviors/0_master.hkx

3) data/meshes/actors/character/behaviors/crossbow_direction_behavior.hkx

4) data/meshes/actors/character/characters/defaultmale.hkx and data/meshes/actors/character/characters female/defaultfemale.hkx

IF one of these tests are successful, please note the EXACT size (Bytes) of the causing file (explorer > click file > right-click > properties).

Fore, I removed the data/meshes/actors/character/characters/defaultmale.hkx and the crossbow animations are now working. The size is 101kb( 103.712 bites ).

I play a male character so will this only affect males?

pitt, it's exactly what I have predicted. An incompatible (not Skyrim 1.6/1.7 enabled) behavior modifying mod.

Do you have any idea where it could come from? It seems not to be any old version of FNIS, or AP. If you don't know, you might upload it somewhere, so I can have a look.

You should also remove character/characters female/defaultfemale.hkx. Usually they both come together, and your version is probably as wrong as the male one.

So everything should be ok for you now. Btw. installing FNIS and running it's Generator tool is fixing most of these incompatibilities. ;)

Fore, pretty sure it came from AP, I downloaded it awhile back to show a friend, but thought I removed it all. I haven't downloaded any other animation mods besides that one.

I can upload em if you know of a site where I don't need to be premium.

Stupid question but what is FNIS?

I don't use FNIS or AP and I'm having the problem. I disabled the 0_master.hkx and it didn't make a difference. The only other file I have in that folder is magicbehavior.hkx. It's really annoying...hopefully someone can figure out a solution.

Did you try removing the magicbehavior file?