Serana's eyes

Alastair91

I've just gotten Dawnguard and am having a blast playing through the vampire questline. The first thing I noticed after getting the DLC is that my vampire character (Imperial Male) already had glowing eyes like Lord Harkon's even before being bitten by him. When Serana was first introduced, her eyes did not have the orange glow but just an orange iris with dark pupil. It's not particularly game breaking, but it just felt kinda off putting for me.

I think it's just a lighting thing. Her eyes tend to change. She also takes her hood off when she's in door, which I thought was an extremely cool simple script they added. Are you using any ENB or lighting mods?

I don't know why it's off putting. There are literally people in the real world whose eyes can change color slightly. But then I never really understand the little things people say are "immersion breaking" anyways, so I guess I don't really expect to know.

Edited by Stemin

I think it's just a lighting thing. Her eyes tend to change. She also takes her hood off when she's in door, which I thought was an extremely cool simple script they added. Are you using any ENB or lighting mods?

I don't know why it's off putting. There are literally people in the real world whose eyes can change color slightly. But then I never really understand the little things people say are "immersion breaking" anyways, so I guess I don't really expect to know.

I don't think it's a lighting thing. The textures are completely different.

I don't think it's a lighting thing. The textures are completely different.

I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying that her eyes changed from the orange glow to the orange with the black iris, but it appears you're saying that her eyes are different from other vampires. <shrug> You may be right. Again, I don't see the big deal. If anything it's less realistic for everyone to have the same eyes. Have you checked to see if it's a female vs. male thing? Or mayhaps your character was created pre-dawnguard and it's now an option.

Serana is different to Harkon and other males, try comparing her to other female vampire lords.

I'm assuming this is partly why my character ages horribly when I accept the Vampire Lord "Gift"