Mod to make lamps/light bulbs destroyable

Geoff741

Would it be terribly difficult to make items like lamps and electric lights destroyable.

Some places are very dark and great for sneaking and then you have this HUGE glaring light you gotta sneak past. everyone looking that direction instantly see's you even at 100 sneak

Being able to strategically shoot out lights would allow us to play to our strengths, avoid fights if wanted. I'm fine with the bullet/breaking glass sound attracting enemies or having them come to investigate what happened to the light so long as i'm now in the darkness

It does sound very cool but I think it would take a lot of work. You'd have to go into every building in the game and delete the light fixtures then put in ones that can be destroyed. also the lighting itself to be triggers off when it's destroyed. Then the sneaking % adjusting depending on if the lighting is on or not doesn't sound easy either. So, I would say, it would be pretty difficult to make a mod like that for the whole game but, I'd say it would be cool if someone could add that into a mod that they were making like an extra area or a big building interior where you explore a big area with a lot of enemies.

But, This does sound like a great idea and I would love to see it happen.