ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Dawnguard - vampire recognition

Jarlax

After being turned into a vampire by Harkon and going through the tutorial everyone in the mansion thinks I'm a mortal. I turn into the vampire lord form and they see me correctly, but whenever I'm in human form they think I've gone mortal. Unfortunately you can't talk to people in Vampire Lord form, so I can't continue the quest. I've tried disabling all of my mods before being turned, and I'm not a custom race, so I can't figure out what the problem is.

Just a little something to try, save before you do this just in case it has undesired results.

Do the tutorial thing then when you're ready to talk to people again open up the console and type player.setrace <your race>racevampire E.G player.setrace bretonracevampire.

Then try talking to people see if that solves it for ya.

Got the same problem except they think I am a mortal even as a Vampirelord

Disabling every think seems to make no difference. Jarlax were you a werewolf by chance? I was I think it never fully Changed me over.

Sure wish Nexus Mod Manager would have profiles or a safe mode.

Ok just tried and had a interesting and annoying result! It worked till I turn in to a lord an back and I could no longer feed and had normal eyes. it appears I will keep having to do the player.setrace bretonracevampire fix.

Any advice welcome.

Edited by dragonsouce

doing a full reinstall, to many new errors to even start to list, just seemed to be (excuse me( a clusterF@#K).

So ends my 49 lv werewolf, the main reason was I suspect that my games got old scripts running in it ( some one got to create a cleaner) and I was starting to have lockups and such. (when I tried to use the kit to fix it I got crashes when ever dawnguard was loaded) So I suspect the steam install might be screwed up verifying said it was fine no updates needed reinstalled and surprise surprise there was a new update. Bottom line I think(not know) suspect dawnguards buggy with former werecreature and or old scripts. At least installed with steam. I suspect Steams was screwing up the install in the scripts no proof at all but a feeling.

laugh if u will. but all the little error still happen after I uninstalled every mod. and even the creation kit started to crash, Never did that before.Was pointing to scripts it wanted in my c:\_skyrim directory witch was not there as I have steam and no c:\_skyrim directory...Guess what script it wanted dawnguard.esm ??

Yep the Vampire script!

This is I believe a steam install Problem since no one else had it I re-installed it all, took a few hours but them steam suddenly had a Patch for dawnguard maybe I should of waited maybe the stupis steam could not update to I reinstalled, I will never know. But I suspect steam is screwed up.

Edited by dragonsouce

Here a Big part of the Problem http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/751719-creation-kit-not-loading-dawnguard/

Steam did not register Dawnguard.bsa in SkyrimEditor.ini but More IT NEVER REGISTERED IT IN C:\Users\Dragon Lord\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Skyrim.ini !!!

Enter this [Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa

the meshes work and so on but the scrips are not, needs to be in there for thr F$%^ing BSA to work right!

So now no more errors...

:wallbash: WELL I Fixed it but my old werewolf is toast I was a bit hasty.

But Steam may have its good points but its screwing dawnguard up and marking every thing as verified !!

My Dawnguard problems all went away.

Going to have a Good Cry now.

Edited by dragonsouce

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...