A question and an observation (on a high-end PC, not very FO4 related)

DjinnKiller

This is not strictly a FO4 problem....but kind of at a loss here.....so I am yelling in the woods!

TL;DR.

Question: Not related to FO4 as such (same problem with other games, safe speed 2400MHz). When overclocking RAM to 2933MHz, XMP1 or 3200MHz, XMP2 my GFX card (RTX 2080Ti) becomes unstable. Crashes after 10 min, 30min, 60 min or whatever, highly unpredictable, and no pattern. Any advice on what to check is very appreciated.

(Temp ok, mem use ok, no overload anywhere, latest drivers, all the usual stuff, and yes, have been searching all the nooks and cranny's of the net).

Just thought I should ask, some of You cats know pretty much everything..... :)

Observation: When I am able to run at 3200MHz on the mem there is a huge performance diff in FO4. I run a heavily modified game with Fallout 4-76, Endless Warfare (at any given point in time I have everything from 0 to 50-60 enemies trying to kill me) and several other heavy mods. Maybe it is because of my AMD Threadripper, known for being mem sensitive. Just an observation.

Long version:

PC specs:

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

Motherboard: MSI MEG X399

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X at stock speed (tried overclock, no diff)

CPU cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360

RAM: G.Skill F4-3200C14-8GFX (64GB in total, all slots populated).

System drive: Samsung 970 NVMe 512GB

FO4 drive: Dual Samsung 970 NVMe 1TB drives in RAID0, (synthetic read speed 6.5 GB/s, nominal large files, 1.5GB/s, nominal mixed 850MB/s)

I obviously didn't build this system to run FO4, but moved my FO4 installes from the old system.

The system runs rock solid at 3200MHz when running work related workloads (virtual machines, computational task et al).

And, it is rock solid when running wPrime or Prime95, no problem with temp or anything. >The CPU therm throttles as expected, everything works as it is supposed to do.

Kind of stumped here, been trying everything, nothing helps.

Tried different combinations of Ryzen Master settings, cooling, clock speeds, checked everything regarding the RTX 2080Ti with EVGA X1.

Corsair LINK4 reports 6-700W at over 90% efficiency at max load, disk run around at slightly above room temp, nothing seems wrong.

All and everything of advise is appreciated......

Been searching all the sites and forums I know, feel like a Damage Case here (to quote the God that is Lemmy) :D