[LE] ;CODE NOT LOADED issue in Creation Kit?

samv96UK

I'm resurrecting this because those who find this post in a Google search need an answer.

Your DATA folder has a Scripts folder but it also has a Scripts RAR archive. Open that archive with 7zip or WinRar or something, and grab that Scripts folder from the archive and drag it into your DATA folder. It'll ask you if you wanna merge, and of course you do. I don't bother replacing anything.

I'm not sure which update changed this, but we didn't always have to do this.

• 2 years later...

Anytime I click on Dialogue Vews in the quest window CK crashes. The only way to avoid this is to remove the folder. For some reason I can create a new quest anytime but if i save and go back it will crash. Not only that I also can't save the voice recordings nor can I get it to tick "y" for the lip file. Everytime I click compile script I get that same error message. I'm not doing anything advanced just a simple Xmarker dialogue quest but the worthless s#*! CK just won't let it happen. And yes i'm running everything in Admin. *sigh* guess all i can do is move furniture around thanks to this crap. How in the hell did anyone ever make any mods using this garbage editor?

• 3 years later...

I'm resurrecting this because those who find this post in a Google search need an answer.

Your DATA folder has a Scripts folder but it also has a Scripts RAR archive. Open that archive with 7zip or WinRar or something, and grab that Scripts folder from the archive and drag it into your DATA folder. It'll ask you if you wanna merge, and of course you do. I don't bother replacing anything.

I'm not sure which update changed this, but we didn't always have to do this.

I have tried all of these fixes and absolutely everything under the sun to get this working again after a CK reinstall and nothing works. No matter what scripts I extract from the .rar folder, into whatever source folder or scripts folder, absolutely nothing at all fixes this problem. I've even mirrored my laptop CK install with this one (as it works on my laptop perfectly) yet it still gives me CODE NOT LOADED in the papyrus fragment.

I remember now why I loathed this CK bs.

Any guidance or help would be much appreciated, and apologies for the necro yet again.

No idea if this is related, but I recently had a similar experience.

Turns out I had run out of disk space, and both CK and BS happily went about overwriting everything with zero length files.

Lost some... recovered some from backups.

Good luck!

PS: Come to think of it... SkyrimLE too failed writing save files, silently. Perhaps it has more to do with MO2 not relaying file write/creation failures to the application (?).

Edited by xkkmEl

I fixed the issue.

The CK is looking for scripts at ".\Data\Scripts\Source", but the correct path is ".\Data\Source\Scripts"
So all you have to do is make sure that path is correct in CreationKitCustom.ini and the scripts are extracted to the correlative folder and voila.

• 5 weeks later...

My fix is sort of the opposite of AchillesPeleus', but that may be because I play (and mod) LE.

I have had this problem for years, but I hit my breaking point rather recently. I really needed to look at the scripts that the Dawnguard questline was using, and got sick to death of loading up SSE's Creation Kit just to find what I was looking for. After experimenting for a bit, all of the DLC scripts worked for me after I copied them out of Data\Source\Scripts and put them into Data\Scripts\Source.

Edited by Lollia

The location of the source scripts (psc) are different for LE and SSE, can be changed in ini file but the default is:

LE - Data\Scripts\Source

SSE - Data\Source\Scripts

The location of the source scripts (psc) are different for LE and SSE, can be changed in ini file but the default is:

LE - Data\Scripts\Source

SSE - Data\Source\Scripts

I wish I had known that back in 2019. It turns out that I have some dialogue set to show up at incorrect quest stages, so I've been busy changing everything around. Better late than never. :D