Issue with New Vegas Nexus files

solidus2845

So I have played and loved thousands of hours of Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Skyrim. Half of those hours are spent modding from the Nexus and making a few of my own mods for Skyrim.

This said, I'm not new to anything used by mods.

FOMM, WinRAR, manual installation, NIFSkope, GECk and Creation Kits. I am fairly versed at it all. My Skyrim mod archives are all great. I'm still playing and enjoying Skyrim, but it was time for a change of scenery - I spent $10 to get a digital download of Fallout New Vegas finally. I was apprehensive as to whether or not I could possibly enjoy FONV after being spoiled by the GORGEOUS visuals of Skyrim. But for $10 for the game and all DLC's....how could I go wrong?

Now to my point. I'll make it short and sweet. Almost every single file I download from NewVegasNexus is corrupt or gives me an "unexpected end of archive" error prompt. My WinRAR is just fine. Every single file I grab from Skyrim Nexus works great with no error. Are there compatibility issues? Are the files here on New Vegas Nexus older and not compatible with the latest WinRAR version?

I am bemused. I basically can't enjoy FONV because....I basically can't mod it in this state. I've downloaded and re-downloaded Project NEVADA three times across two different computers and the result is the same. New Vegas Nexus files are all giving me a corrupt error.

Any ideas please? I am desperate to enjoy New Vegas, but my personality won't let me enjoy it without modding.

Have you tried switching Archive Invalidation off and on?

Your kidding right? Did you even read the guys post?

I'm having the same issue with .7z files from nexus. I've made two post, one here and one in the WMX file comments about how I can't download any of the files. I keep getting corrupted/damaged file.

Never had this problem before. Of course all the zip files seem to work fine, but I'm not going to go through all the files to find out.

Yes I have .7z and yes it will not open any of the .7z from WMX.

yes lol was a joke I work in tech support and mus ask people stupid questions like "have you tried turning it off and then on?" sorry long day as for your problem I have no clue what's going on.

And your one of the "tech support" people that makes me wonder how on Earth do people call you guys for help. Like all tech support problems, it was figured out without tech support, thanks to an updated news post, we have the problem.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/news/926

Three cheers to the tech support dude........

Edited by slyguy3129

Thanks a bunch, Slyguy. I actually haven't checked the news today until you linked it to me. I guess that answers our questions about lagging download prompts, downloads cutting off in the middle of the file (resulting in said damaged files).

Again, thanks for that! At least I'm not the only one getting the corrupt zip files. I'm not sure that's a result of the bandwidth issues...but hey, at least it's not my end.

Thanks a bunch, Slyguy. I actually haven't checked the news today until you linked it to me. I guess that answers our questions about lagging download prompts, downloads cutting off in the middle of the file (resulting in said damaged files).

Again, thanks for that! At least I'm not the only one getting the corrupt zip files. I'm not sure that's a result of the bandwidth issues...but hey, at least it's not my end.

No problem, its was passed on to me by another gentlemen who posted it in a comment I had made the other day. Yes I too am pleased it isn't my end. I must have redownloaded those mods 8-9 times. I agree I'm not sure how the bandwidth is the problem, unless its cutting out part of the download which would corrupt and damage it.

But anyways its all Skyrims' fault and not on our end.

You aren't alone Solidus. At first I thought it was just my PC going crazy until I saw the news. I was helping a friend build up his FoNV mod collection after he picked it up a few weeks ago from the Steam summer sale. Hope they fix things soon.

Anybody got anything working yet?

God I wish I could find WMX and the PN and AWOP Overhaul and EVE files somewhere else on the internet.

Nothing is more frustrating then not being able to play the game you bought, because of someone else, albeit, hackers, tons of people hording to a site that houses ALL the files in one place, or just human mistakes.

Don't get me wrong, its nice to have all the mods in one place. But I would rather not have all the mods for my games (FO3,FNV) lumped in with Skyrim. I seem to recall issues the last time something big happened with Skyrim, and if I recall correctly it was something along these same lines. I would much rather prefer having a separate site for each game. That why Skyrim doesn't blow things up for the whole community...again.