Shields!

Vitchman

The title says it all for the most part--but I do need to clarify.

I have searched a bit through nearly every mod site. I even went through pages and pages of searches and top armour lists here on Nexus. But there aren't too many really unique shields. I have come across shield packs that have like 100-200 standard guard shields with a new image slapped on them, but that's just not epic enough. Outside of hothtrooper44's beautiful armor sets and gorgeous 'Shield of Life' -- there's really nothing that matches in the level of detail. I don't mean to leave any specific mod artists out of the loop here, as I have probably missed some good shields--but bear with me lol.

TL;DR

I'm looking for a shield that just WOW's you. When you put that shield on your arm, you should literally feel like an impenetrable dragonborn. If it's not too much to ask either, HD would be amazing. Sticking to the lore would be cool, but I'm not too worried there. Let me know what you guys think. There are SOOO many talented artists on here and shields are somewhat of an untapped market on this website. This isn't just for me!

Awesome Examples:

Hectrol's Dwarven Shield HD Retex [fantastic detail]

Dark Nemesis Retex [Look at the shield!]

Hothtrooper44's Shield of Life [One of a kind and very detailed!]

Shield of Lone Wolf [unique and well done]

Hoplite "300" Spartan Shield [unique, but not overly lore-friendly?]

Like I said, I've left others out, but these are just examples of the detail and quality that would make an amazing shield mod.

Edited by Vitchman

Actually, i believe that Tree of life shield isnt that complicated at all.

Its more or less a phototextured disc with this image:

http://ruthmaybe.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/tree-of-life-c.jpg

Now i'm not saying i can do that just as easy, but i sure as hell am gonna try it XD

I've set my mind on this one:

http://giftideas.ws/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Scott-Kay-Shield-and-Cross-Cufflinks-299x318.jpg

wish me luck, fingers crossed and hope it'll actually work :tongue:

Hey, if it takes very little effort to make something look that good, that's fine by me! :biggrin: I just wish there was more unique shields like that Aegis of Life.

And your project of that silver shield looks awesome. Keep me updated! Mods like that could really take off! It'd be fun to see more shields with unique shapes, textures, colors, engraved designs, etc. I am not a major World of Warcraft fan, but I love the creativity with examples such as Aldori Legacy Defender and Bulwark of Azzinoth. But if you combine those unique shapes and designs with realistic textures, it becomes droolworthy lol.

Well, i guess an update on my attempt is in order...

To keep it short: No luck. And to be honest, the urge to mod seems to be fading.

So i'm afraid there wont be much results coming from me :unsure: Sorry mate.