Flickering Shadow fix?

slave2midna

So, I've installed several mods to enchance the overall look and feel of Skyrim.

- Climates of Tamriel (Dungeons & Interiors)

- Climates of Tamriel (Vanilla Nights Level 2)

- Real Rain (CoT compatible)

- Enhanced Water (will get name if needed)

- SkyrimHD 2k Textures

And then I added some new armors and PC texture packs to enhance my character's feel. I wantd her to look pretty of course.

- CBBE Slim (and compatible face mod)

- Dread Huntress Armor

- Basvanbeu Muscles Texture (& toned patch)

The game runs suuuper smooth, and does really well in over all performance. And its LOOKS SOOOO beautiful...except one thing that is really really bothering me...

The Shadows...

The shadows look very blocky, and don't match up with the beauty of the area. There is constant shade flickering in armor, character modles, especially when looking at Fires. The shadows cast by flames in inns, at certain angles will ripple and look distored.

Also, the shadow of harvestable items, and the static items near them don't show up till I'm nest to the item. They don't lagg, they just aren't there till I get closer.

Now, I have an intel i7-920, ATi 4800 HD, 9GB RAM and overall a system that can handle it great with 0 lag. Occasionally in Whiterun or Markarth it stutters but generally non at all.

My point, I can handle heavy duty graphics settings and twaeks without an issue, but it seems more like a glitch created by the texture mods that I used.

Haven't seen any compatibilitiy issues with the mods.

I believe I've isolated the issue for shadows on my character's skin as a CBBE issue. In the world I'm only assuming its the Tamriel lighting, or the Skyrim HD texture pack.

Any known fixes? or settings I could change?

Edited by slave2midna

ok, so I figured i'd do my own testing. Turn out my Shadow quality was set to "Low" for some reason. So I've fixed the blocky outlines, and the issue where some shadows wouldn't low until I was close. Still getting lines of shadow on my character in certain lighting, if anyone knows any basic Shadow fix's that are known and on the nexus.