What to do with merged .esp files

Chosen215

No that's not what we're referring to here. We are referring to merging ESP plugins with a program called Merge Plugins.

The merge plugin facility in xEdit is something different and not a process I've seen recommended on Special Edition

What I'm recommending is that you should finish merging your plugins before you start a new game.

In theory there may not be an issue doing it on an existing save but I see no reason to take the risk

Yeah, I know that.

What I'm saying is merge them with a program specifically designed to do that and then go back with XEdit to make sure it was done correctly.

And yeah, XEdit warns you NOT to use it for merging SSE plugins. At least not automatically. I've never used an automatic merger. I've always dragged and dropped, but in cases like Weapons, Armor, Clothing, and Clutter Fixes, its just too much to make patches for everything by hand. I'm inclined to remove WACCF, but that's another thread.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you but it sounds like you're talking about conflict resolution. That would be a separate distinct process from merging plugins.

I would resolve any conflicts before you merge the plugins if needed.

But maybe I've misunderstood you

I'm talking about merging records.

This is indeed a form of conflict resolution. Its the annoying part of it. For items its usually just keywords, but for perks, magic effects, and spells there is usually a list of conditions and its often times more than just merging the records.

• 3 years later...

Please, may someone explain WHERE the new .esp files are to be found ? i used several times Merge.plugins and I'm facing 2 problems :

1: when 'editing' a new merge ; choosing between "overrides" (means what ?...) and "New records" (means what ?? ... same) and what comes after ?

2; people talk about new created .esp files ; WHERE are these ? Would seem logic to toggle them and un-toggle the numerous previous merged .esp to gain space in Skyrim kernel system. But... Can't validate them in MO2 as long as I can't see them anywhere .

No explanations anywhere now to find, or I missed smthing. Best stuff (Games'Poet) comes from long ago and doesn't fit.

the ? button in Merge.plugins screen doesn't work. Why ?

"The merge plugin facility in xEdit is something different"...

I'm eager to learn the process of merging plugins using xEdit, because I know nothing of it, and opening xEdit from MO2 doesn't help, no keys to toggle or windows to open, I'm stuck. Where to find a real know-how ? I heard many times about it and still no way to learn :( ...

That's part of Beth's Mythology, only Grand Priests know about high-ends. When you just need smthing to work, or want to help about a mod that you like but that doesn't work well enough, you poor basic people have to notice that you lack of basic knowledge.

- that's no problem, whe're such a community, y'now...

- except of - you are NEVER teached WHY and HOW to script things. And the way to go inside. Maybe just have xxx dollars and ask for a school-schedule in DAO and C++... Hi, I was just kidding, just kidding... dont' fire...