ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Clicking "Download with manager" button not working

timeover44

Hey, I recently got the NMM. I went to download a mod by clicking the "download with manager button" and a pop up comes up, saying a bunch of stuff and at the bottom it says "Launch Application" or "Cancel" I believe. I had downloaded a few mods before this, so I knew what to do (click launch, obviously). But.. this is really dumb of me, but I checked the "Remember my choice" button or something along those lines so I could avoid clicking launch application every time, and then went to get a drink. When I came back, I, in my stupidity, then hit cancel. After this idiotic screwup. I'm assuming the problem is that it's remembering the fact I hit cancel, so it just does nothing right now.

Of course, that may NOT be the problem, but it worked perfectly fine a few minutes before this incident. I just can't seem to use the "download with manager" button anymore.

I'd appreciate any help being able to fix the problem. I'm assuming I can still use the NMM without the button, by just adding the .zip file manually after downloading a mod, but the button made it all very convenient. Once again, I'd really appreciate any help and thank you for taking the time to read this.

-edit-

Thought it may be of note that I tried deleting my cookies and cache, in case that did anything. Didn't work though.

Edited by timeover44

Same issue, any file I try to download says file does not exist. I think they have had some problems since Dawnguard was released, I'm sure they will fix it soon.

Not working for me either.

edit: More specifically, I'm getting "File does not exist" for every file try to download.

It's the error everyone is getting right now. I'm pretty sure it's because the NMM server is down. It's happened in the past, though usually for very short amounts of time. This is the first time it's gone on this long. My guess is there is good reason and they are hard at work fixing it. Nothing we can do but wait for now.

it's been gone since yesterday for me, I also get <no data> for latest version

<EDIT>

Check this link for more info:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/751961-site-issues-since-dawnguard/page__pid__5997896#entry5997896

Edited by R4444KK0N

• 4 months later...

Hey, I recently got the NMM. I went to download a mod by clicking the "download with manager button" and a pop up comes up, saying a bunch of stuff and at the bottom it says "Launch Application" or "Cancel" I believe. I had downloaded a few mods before this, so I knew what to do (click launch, obviously). But.. this is really dumb of me, but I checked the "Remember my choice" button or something along those lines so I could avoid clicking launch application every time, and then went to get a drink. When I came back, I, in my stupidity, then hit cancel. After this idiotic screwup. I'm assuming the problem is that it's remembering the fact I hit cancel, so it just does nothing right now.

Of course, that may NOT be the problem, but it worked perfectly fine a few minutes before this incident. I just can't seem to use the "download with manager" button anymore.

I'd appreciate any help being able to fix the problem. I'm assuming I can still use the NMM without the button, by just adding the .zip file manually after downloading a mod, but the button made it all very convenient. Once again, I'd really appreciate any help and thank you for taking the time to read this.

-edit-

Thought it may be of note that I tried deleting my cookies and cache, in case that did anything. Didn't work though.

Hey I had the exact same thing happen to me, and now my "download with manager" button does nothing. I've been downloading manually, but I'm not exactly what you would call computer savvy, so having this button makes it easier for me not to screw up.

What I am really hoping someone will answer is how to change that setting.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

are you serious? so you are saying that since my download with manager button doesn't do anything I have to manually download it??? I don't feel like moving files around that's the whole reason I downloaded the manager...

:rolleyes: You realize you're bumping a thread from last year right? What ever their issue was it's been fixed for a while now.

Have you updated your NMM to .46? Do you have it up and running before you hit download with manager? Sometimes NMM starts up very slowly, so when you hit download with manager it seems like it's not working - it is, just check your task manager, so I recommend starting NMM all the way up first before actually hitting download.

Edited by Oubliette