OOO loading

tcwleblanc

alright so i have OOO and UOP and that's all, the game will run fine for a while and then when i get the "loading..." in the bottom saying its loading a new area (not a load screen with the red bar" the game will crash, usually only if im near water. UOP loads then OOO 1.34b any ideas whats going on?

yeah i posted a day ago and had more mods but ive removed everything and am running a fresh install with only ooo and uop to try and figure out whats wrong, any help would be appreciated.

alright so i have OOO and UOP and that's all, the game will run fine for a while and then when i get the "loading..." in the bottom saying its loading a new area (not a load screen with the red bar" the game will crash, usually only if im near water. UOP loads then OOO 1.34b any ideas whats going on?

yeah i posted a day ago and had more mods but ive removed everything and am running a fresh install with only ooo and uop to try and figure out whats wrong, any help would be appreciated.

Ok. I need to know these things so I can help you fully:

1- Did you download the complete Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul 1.3. This file is over 400mb. If you didn't, the 1.34 isn't going to do you any good as you can tell.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View...ail&id=3953

The 1.33 patch is also on that page. Go ahead and get that too. THEN patch that with 1.34

2-If you HAVE downloaded the 1.3 and then patched it with 1.34 beta, Do you have both OscurosOverhaul.esm and OscurosOverhaul.esp checked ?

3- If you have both of the above, do you have the Official Oblivion patch going? Do you have Shivering Isles or Knights of the Nine going?

4- If yes to having SHivering Isles, do you have it's official and unofficial patches?

Let me know and I may be able to help.

got the full 1.33 version then did the beta 1.34

both the esm and esp are active.

the official patch is applied as well as the unofficial.

i do not have knights of the nine or SI installed.

though it is a 0xc0000005 error which is a memory reference error ive done the scans for spyware and viruses ive defraged diskchecked you know all that happiness.

specs of the pc are

xp pro

amd 64x2 4400

2 gb ocz platinum mem

xfi music sound card

7800gtx 256

erm i have all the latest drivers and direct x and windows updates and all that good stuff.

thing is it only happens at one loading area at the moment so its still playable....for the most part and well i dont have to use the menu to shut down as i can just run to this area and poof ctd, its like an auto exit feature...

still any help would be lovely so i can stop searching the internet for ooo crashes and 0xc0000005 errors woo!

ok, now I've got to ask. ARe you starting a brand new game or playing an established character?

If it's an established character. It might just be you need the cells to reset. This is easy enough to do.

hit the ole' ~ button type coc TestingHall Go to one of the rooms with a bed..sleep for 24 hours

then to get back type cow Tamriel,11,20. This takes you right outside the sewer from where you started.

one more thing...1.33 had a separate patch download. it's 25mb. Perhaps you need to install this over the 1.33 then install the 1.34 over all of that. the 1.33 patch is on that earlier link I sent

yeah, and i just did another clean install of oblivion then the official patch then the uop then ooo and the patch and beta and tried and still crashed, im thinking maybe the save is corrupt, but it seems like if that was the case it would crash when playing vanilla as well, but it doesn't. that and i used OOO a little while back with no problems so im stumped. Im just going to try and work around it. thanks for the suggestions though :) at least someone responded :)

Archived