Dawnguard - Werewolf Perks

DarthVella

I have a mod I want to expand to modify the new werewolf and vampire perk tree features in Dawnguard. So I have two questions: one in relation to the new perk trees, and one for skill trees in general.

First: is it possible to view and edit the placement of perks in the "celestial" background as seen in game? I want to stick my custom perks in a very specific position in the constellation if at all possible. I vaguely remember being able to do this before the 1.5 update, but I might be wrong. I followed a tutorial here on the forums but it didn't take me to the constellation image, just a grey box.

Second: does anyone know how werewolf perk points are assigned? Specifically, if the max number of perk points scales with the number of perks in the Werewolf tree or if there is an inbuilt hard limit - and if so, can this inbuilt hard limit can be changed?

Thanks for your time, and I'm sorry if these questions have been answered elsewhere. I did try a search first.

Okay, I've figured it out. I'll put my findings here in case anyone is curious about the new perk trees.

Werewolf perks are calculated by a pre-compiled script in a magic effect used by NPCs that are currently being eaten, and it is lacking a source file so it cannot be edited. However, the script is controlled by a bunch of global variables that are completely exposed. Vampire Lords have a similar set of global variables that I'd guess do pretty much the same thing.

• DLC1WerewolfFeedPoints: tracks the progress towards the next perk point. It is set back to 0 each time you get a perk point.
  • DLC1WerewolfMaxPerks: the upper limit of available perk points. By default, this number is not stored in the game save file, so any soft edit (like from a script) won't be saved unless you check that box.
  • DLC1WerewolfNextPerk: the number of times you need to feed to get the next perk point. It starts at 5, and increases by two each time you get a perk point.
  • DLC1WerewolfTotalPerksEarned: I didn't play with this one, but I'm guessing it keeps track of how many perks points you've earned and stops perk progression when it reaches DLC1WerewolfMaxPerks.

So, if you want to make a perk in the werewolf perk tree, you'll have to edit DLC1WerewolfMaxPerks, either by changing it directly, or by telling the CK to save it's value in the game save file and creating a custom quest or some other script to change it there.

Hope this is useful to someone.

• 1 year later...

Okay, I've figured it out. I'll put my findings here in case anyone is curious about the new perk trees.

Werewolf perks are calculated by a pre-compiled script in a magic effect used by NPCs that are currently being eaten, and it is lacking a source file so it cannot be edited. However, the script is controlled by a bunch of global variables that are completely exposed. Vampire Lords have a similar set of global variables that I'd guess do pretty much the same thing.

• DLC1WerewolfFeedPoints: tracks the progress towards the next perk point. It is set back to 0 each time you get a perk point.
  • DLC1WerewolfMaxPerks: the upper limit of available perk points. By default, this number is not stored in the game save file, so any soft edit (like from a script) won't be saved unless you check that box.
  • DLC1WerewolfNextPerk: the number of times you need to feed to get the next perk point. It starts at 5, and increases by two each time you get a perk point.
  • DLC1WerewolfTotalPerksEarned: I didn't play with this one, but I'm guessing it keeps track of how many perks points you've earned and stops perk progression when it reaches DLC1WerewolfMaxPerks.
So, if you want to make a perk in the werewolf perk tree, you'll have to edit DLC1WerewolfMaxPerks, either by changing it directly, or by telling the CK to save it's value in the game save file and creating a custom quest or some other script to change it there.

Hope this is useful to someone.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!~ ^_^ I WAS HAVING THIS SAME PROBLEM WITH MINE AND MichaelDusk's Werewolves Unleashed , HOPEFULLY OUR MOD WILL WORK NOW!~ ^_^

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I AM GOING TO SHARE THIS WITH EVERYBODY!~ ^_^

THANK YOU!!!~

LOVE,

ColorsWolf and EnigmaWolf

Edited by EnigmaWolf

• 4 weeks later...

Can you please show me how to do this? I would like to have this problem fixed as much as you do, so can you do a step by step or something along those lines? I have been looking all over the CK for that DLC1WerewolfMaxPerks script. is it in Dawnguard? because whenever I try and open it up the CK just crashes.

• 1 month later...

So how can we edit those variables? I've played around with some werewolf perks, added them and can't activate them.

PS: Found the variables in the miscellaneous section in the object window. Changed the value from 11 to 12, but still no improvement.

PPS: Took apart Werewolf Perks Expanded and it seems the Werewolf Perk Max variable has been set to 21 and left in it's original short, constant state. The perks seem to lack the race conditions.

PPS: Sorted it out! You have to first edit the DLC01WerewolfMaxPerks global variable FIRST, then create and add the new perk. Thanx a bunch!

Edited by mogribus