Can't run FOSE with goty

Krull88

Hi Guys,

i have a problem, few days ago, i bought the german censored version (Sucks, i know) of Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition on Steam, today i copied FOSE (for several mods), but when i want to start Fallout 3 on the FOMM FOSE says "You have an old version of the german censored Version of Fallout. Please upgrade to 1.7.03. The Fallout3ng .exe is version 1.7.0.3.. What can i do? Should i reinstall it? Can it be that there complications while using new vegas ultimate and fallout 3 goty at the same time with the FOMM? Is there a fix that i dont noticed? Or is the german version the problem?

Thanks for help.

• 2 months later...
Another thing you might need to take a look at is Program Files(x86) in Win 7. I ran into something similar where FOSE couldn't really identify it's problem so it told me to update FO3 as well. If you're using Win 7, and I think Win Vista may have the same ickey poo going on, you'll want to uninstall and reinstall to a folder outside of Program Files(x86). The workaround that I had to do was to just make a Bethesda Softworks folder in C: and then install to that folder instead of either of the Program Files folders, then FOSE was a happy lil' kitten. Good luck!

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys i run into the same Problem cant start FOSE .

I have GOTY could Patch the game at the beginning something with NET.Framework ...

Then i installed the patch Manually and i got 2 exe renamed it as mentioned before but still cant open the game with FOSE i reistall the game now ....

No chance to run this its says that i have an old version i have 2 exe there old versions and some with (ng) at the end the ng's are up to date 1.7.0.3 but the FOSE try to enter with the old ones when i delete the others (old ones) then FOSE cant find the exe's ....

Try another FOSE version now 1.1.9 had 1.2.7 before.

Still doesent work FOSE says unknows Version of bla when i start Fallout 3 via Steam and look which Version i have i se a old 1.0.0.15 something... when i start th ng launcher i have the actuall one pls help me guys dont know how to fix this need FOSE for Mods.

Edited by Damariusskyrim