WIP Crossbow variant. Requesting help. (IMG included)

Urwy

Problem Resolved!

Good day fellow modders!

As the title might've hinted, I'm looking for some help or advice on transferring the existing skinweights form the vanilla crossbow to my remodelled crossbow.

Image:

http://i.imgur.com/gMgGM.jpg

Since there isnt a nifscript plugin for blender 2.63 and Skyrim, i've hit a bit of a brick wall. I'm aware that it is possible to do this by using blender 2.49 and the accompanying nifscripts, but last time i used that version of blender it left some poor impressions on me. All my previous mods allowed me to import/export Obj files, but these dont support skin weights, so that's a no-go.

So perhaps someone who knows his/her way around 3ds Max or similar could help me out here :turned: As you can see the weapon is fully meshed and textured as it's just a vanilla remodel, but all that's missing for it to function properly are the skin weights.

Once i know how to add skinweights to new models i intent to do some more remodelling of the other crossbows. The enhanced crossbows to be more specific, as they simply shouldnt look the same as their weaker counterparts. This´ll add some more visual distinction between them.

So if anyone has some good advice/tips or is willing to add those weights, it'll be highly appreciated if you'd post them either in this topic, or a PM.

Cheers!

Edit¹:

In the meantime i've took the liberty of grabbing a 3ds max demo with the Maxtools.

Started skinning and i'm starting to see why some people see skinning as a pain in the arse :laugh:

First attempt seemed to work, but wasent satisfactory. If anyone thinks he can beat me to it, i dare you! :tongue:

Edit²:

Got the mesh Skinned by now... If only the darned CK would cooperate.. >.>

Edit³:

More updates... Looked like the mesh had a glitch in it, as the CK crashed as soon as i changed a model to that mesh. That's resolved now. Esp should be up in a few mins :)

Edited by Urwy