We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

[LE] Enabling an actor

Use an animal like a goat.

Okay I try that but it seems no matter what I do, the goat doesn't appear. As in, I can see it's there in creation kit, I didn't disable it (because i'm testing if the script can disable first) but it's not there in the place I put it for whatever reason, like it didn't spawn in.

Clearly you are doing something wrong. Now let's take this from the start.
1) Place the NPC - goat in your cell.
* Do not link the Npc - goat to anything, just place it. SAVE.
* Don't use an LVL NPC.
2) Go in game to test and see that the NPC is there.
* If you have already done in your cell "Navmesh", don't expect to find the NPC in the position you placed him, AI will kick in and the NPC will start to wandering around.
3) Go back in CK and Link your Activator to the NPC.
* Check that you are using the correct SCRIPT, not all enable/disable script are meant to work with all Activators.
* Link Ref the enable state of the NPC from the script's property and not from the reference menu.
* You use the REFERENCE MENU option only when you are going to Link the NPC to an xMarker in which the xMarker is Linked to the Linke Ref of the Script.
IN THIS CASE
YOU DON"T LINK REF THE NPC TO THE ACTIVATOR BUT TO THE xMARKER, AND THEN YOU GO TO THE "ENABLE PARENT" PART OF THE REFERENCE MENU (NPC'S MENU).
THEN YOU CLICK THE "SELECT REFERENCE FROM RENDER WINDOW" AND CLIcK ON THE xMARKER.
4) Go back in game and test.
..................................................................................................
After seeing with well rested eyes and brain the screenshots you posted, is clear the mistake you did.
You used the Link Ref option of the Reference Menu.
(the above has nothing to do with what you are trying to do)
Instead you need to go to "Scripts" press the "Property" button and from there Link the NPC.

Okay, it seems the NPC just doesn't appear, like at all. Had no problem placing a thalmor justiciar in another test room, but when I place the goat in the end-cave I made, then save and enter the game without linking it to anything at all, it still doesn't appear

Possible reasons is that you have an other mod that controls animal behavior and spawning frequency.

For example "Wild World".

If you have already successfully done this with an other NPC (thalmor justiciar) then use the same kind of NPC for your testing.

* Unfortunately, i - we are not with you in front of you PC so we would know exactly what you are doing or what your modds configurations are. If there only was a way.

Possible reasons is that you have an other mod that controls animal behavior and spawning frequency.

For example "Wild World".

If you have already successfully done this with an other NPC (thalmor justiciar) then use the same kind of NPC for your testing.

* Unfortunately, i - we are not with you in front of you PC so we would know exactly what you are doing or what your modds configurations are. If there only was a way.

Okay I did some testing around with Female Thalmor Wizards and they only actually appeared when I made them start dead. This is with no mods whatsoever, other than my own. I can also confirm that it is the same with goats. Only the ones marked to start dead even appear, and again, this is with no active mods. Only things active are Skyrim.esm, Update.esm and my mod

This could be caused by a number of reasons :

1) You haven't set as ACTIVE your esp (your mod) when loading it in CK.

2) You haven't CHECKED the mod in your mod manager, so it's not loading.

3) Your CELL doesn't have Navmesh. Sometime this can occur.

4) Your placed actors are not touching the ground or their feet are bellow the ground, in this case they will go right through the floor.

5) You are placeing ACTORS used by the game that have PACKAGES on them.

For example : The NPC you placed in your cell when loading will go to where the PACAGE dictate him to be, like an inn or to his room for sleep. They have schedules.

* This happens if you are using ACTORS - CHARACTERS used by the game. They all have PACAGES - QUEST - FUNCTIONS that they will execute.

* You need to use default ACTORS not NAMED ACTORS.

6) You are placeing the actors in a VANILLA CELL that is not PUBLIC, or your cell is not PUBLIC. "RESTRECTED AREA".

7) The actor you are using is from a DLC and when you load the game you are not loading the required DLC.

This are all the main reasons i can think right now...

Edited by maxarturo

This could be caused by a number of reasons :
1) You haven't set as ACTIVE your esp (your mod) when loading it in CK.
2) You haven't CHECKED the mod in your mod manager, so it's not loading.
3) Your CELL doesn't have Navmesh. Sometime this can occur.
4) Your placed actors are not touching the ground or their feet are bellow the ground, in this case they will go right through the floor.
5) You are placeing ACTORS used by the game that have PACKAGES on them.
For example : The NPC you placed in your cell when loading will go to where the PACAGE dictate him to be, like an inn or to his room for sleep. They have schedules.
* This happens if you are using ACTORS - CHARACTERS used by the game. They all have PACAGES - QUEST - FUNCTIONS that they will execute.
* You need to use default ACTORS not NAMED ACTORS.
6) You are placeing the actors in a VANILLA CELL that is not PUBLIC, or your cell is not PUBLIC. "RESTRECTED AREA".
7) The actor you are using is from a DLC and when you load the game you are not loading the required DLC.
This are all the main reasons i can think right now...

The goat I use is the one with the editor ID of EncGoatWild (Base ID 0002EBE2)

And I have the NavMest but have yet to configure it. It's the one copied directly from the aaaMarkers cell (I made a duplicate and renamed it to use for the dungeon I'm making)

Mod is loaded in CK and checked in NMM

Edit: And I don't know if this matters much, but I placed the NPC a slight bit above the ground (Though not colliding with anything else) or else the feet would be in the ground

Edited by NiZeKiHo

This point 1 and 2 omfg xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

there is easy way to see what you are doing wrong... just make video for YouTube?

with video you can show us how you are doing it

also it will be nice if you show Navmesh, Cell Data, NPC Data etc. in video

also can you show us all scripts you use?

and Maxarturo how you add Images on Forum ? xDD

Edited by TobiaszPL

1) First of all YOU CAN'T COPY NAVMESH, from one cell to other.

2) If you DUPLICATE "aaaMarkers" cell to use for building your own cell, YOU NEED TO DELETE EVERYTHING FROM "aaaMarkers" cell after duplicated.

3) The correct way to create a new cell is to :

- Go to the CK menu WORLD > CELLS

- After you have enter CELLS you right click on the left side of the menu that has appeared (on the side of the cells listed) and CREATE NEW cell.

4) The "aaaMarkers" cell doesn't have Navmesh, it's just a small square 1x2m (in human metrics), That isn't attached to anything - any surface, it has no use.

Plus it's about 50m above surface (in human metrics) and most probably there is where your NPCs are been transported when you load your mod and AI kicks in, and since it's not attached to anything with collision to support the NPC they will fall right into the void.

.........................................................................................................

At this point the only advice i can give you is to find online a set of tutorials that shows how to build a dungeon from scratch and follow every step, step by step from start to end.

It's nearly impossible to show you how to correctly make a mod from just writing you instructions....

////..................................................<>.......................................................////

Toby

To add an image you first :

1) Upload the image to an "image hoster".

copy the BBcode given or the image address.

2) To add the image to your post you use BBcode (the same as with SPOILERS).

Embedded Images

Syntax: [ img]http://... YOUR IMAGE ADDRESS..... .jpg[/img ]

Aligned Images

Syntax: [ img=right]http://... YOUR IMAGE ADDRESS... .jpg[/img ]

* Remove space from the start & end of each [ ] in img

* Use only image extensions that Nexus can support, like .jpg

I don't remember all the extensions supported.

Edited by maxarturo

If you put the NPC in a quest alias and then use the console command sqv [questname], it will give you a list of aliases and the referenceID that fills them. You can then use player.moveto refID to figure out where the devil your goat actually is, if it's enabled, etc.