Help detecting when a grenade or mine is in players hand

So I'm currently working on something for Fallout 4 VR which requires me to reposition equipped weapons as they're equipped, I have a method of doing this which is working fine for anything that uses slot zero, (guns, swords etc). However grenades (and I assume mines) work slightly differently and are equipped at the same time as a weapon using their own slot.

Due to this when a grenade is equipped from the players inventory my code executes to change its position but it's actually changing the position of my equipped primary weapon as that is the weapon currently shown on screen, not the grenade which is in its seperate slot and not visible. To combat this I need some way of detecting when a grenade is actually in the players hand ready to be thrown as opposed to when it is equipped from the players inventory and only apply the repositioning at that time and the restore the primary weapons postion once it has been thrown.

I was thinking of registering for 2 animation events:

• AnimationEvent of grenade in hand (reposition grenade)
  • AnimationEvent of grenade thrown (restore primary weapon position)

While I can get the second working I cannot find an AnimationEvent (or anything else) which detects when the player has a grenade in their hand.

Any ideas would be really welcome!

Thanks.

Edited by CylonSurfer

I’m not at my computer at the moment, so my response is somewhat uninformed. However, I do not believe that grenades are equipped in the manner you indicate. That is to say, they are not visible equipped at all. To my understanding, they are equipped in the “grenade” slot, but that slot is not visibly represented unless activated. In other words, the game triggers a grenade throwing animation when activated. This requires verification of course, but I believe this to be correct.

I’m not at my computer at the moment, so my response is somewhat uninformed. However, I do not believe that grenades are equipped in the manner you indicate. That is to say, they are not visible equipped at all. To my understanding, they are equipped in the “grenade” slot, but that slot is not visibly represented unless activated. In other words, the game triggers a grenade throwing animation when activated. This requires verification of course, but I believe this to be correct.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that is what what my findings have concluded also - sorry maybe I wasn't clear in my post. What I need to know is what the grenade throwing animation event is so I can register for it when a player has a grenade equipped and unregister when they do not.