Skyrim River Travel

Nintii

Tonight I thoroughly enjoyed myself traversing some of the rivers and lakes of Skyrim and so I got to thinking, why not create a "Canoe mod" !

Route One ... I swam from Riften all the way to Ivarstead, with only 3 to 4 little logs in the way where I had to go around them ... if a mod for a canoe is created then these small obstructions can be removed as well.

Route Two ... Half Moon Mill - North of Falkreath - I swam all the way through to Riverwood, swam the rapids untilI I reached Whiterun and from there I swam to Valtheim Tower ... this is quite a stretch but had to stop here as the waterfall at the Towers is a killer to go down ... unless the waterfall can be angled a bit more.

Route Three ... Bottom of Valtheim Falls all the way to Windhelm then all the way round to a spot near Winterhold - maybe build a little port there and a road leading up the town ... from there all the way to Dawnstar

then onthrough to Solitude then open up the waterway to Dragon Bridge and then to Morthal.

Yes that incredible stretch can be done by boat / canoe.

At various points like at Half Moon Mill, Whiterun and Valtheim Falls, Windhelm, Winterhold, Solitude, Dawnstar, Dragon Bridge and Morthal you could have little docking bays where you could rent or buy a boat.

This includes Riften and Ivarstead.

Believe me, it changes the way you look at the game, shooting the rapids gives a whole new adventure type feeling to the game.

Just a thought, perhaps someone here might think it's a great idea like I do.

As for the camera, you might not neccessarily have to see yourself rowing though that might be awesome ... but once you enter the boat you could perhaps only see the prow or the front of the canoe if the animations proved to be too difficult or too much of a shlep to create.

Maybe even expand it to having river trading posts.

Lastly, a few of the rivers would need to be cleared of some rocks and debris.

Anyhow, thanks for the consideration .... cheers.

Edited by Nintii

• 2 months later...

There is one on Steam Workshop. http://steamcommunit...ls/?id=88580670

Unfortunately the author has announced he will not be completing the mod. Its currently in beta and leaves some big things unfinished. For example, the boats aren't yet restricted to water (they go everywhere) and rowing/sitting animations have not been integrated (currently the very jarring run animation for driving).

Perhaps someone could pick where the Steam mod left off?