Matth's WIP thread

Matth85

It seem a few modders allready got their WIP topic up and running, so I decided to give my own a go. For a few reasons:

1) To show off my work, and get any kind of feedback back.

2) To see if the right peope bump into me, and I get into a mod project that is actually interesting and efficient.

Now, I only got a handfull of images I will show. Basically the stuff that is Skyrim related, or modding related. My practice stuff and my personal projects are not shown.

Image 1: Crossbow. Simple crossbow, based of a decent concept art. A little test for me to get used to the different part of a crossbow, and how it works. I think it turned out OK, despite some flaws. It's a little long, yes. As of not it would ifre bolts at the size of arrows. Easily changed.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9431/renders.jpg

Image 2: A set of armor made for the Moonstone mod. I never finished it, basically because armor sets, and character creation in general, is not my strong side. I am a more hard-surface modeller. Which is also why I am no good with Zbrush, and the likes.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/renderip.jpg/

Image 3: A sword. Simple as that. My first test using Zbrush with my hard surface workflow. Turned out decent I think. Perhaps at one point I will fix the weird specularity of it, and do it justice.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/simplesword.jpg/

Image 4: I also made the Scabbard to the sword, using the same method. It fits like a glove!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/805/simplesword.jpg/

Image 5: Another sword. This was just something I made after my final exams, since then I had been away from 3d for 2 months. Nothing special, and a "cartoony" kind of curved sword. Oh well.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/scimitarr.jpg/

I hope this wakes any kind of interest. Just note:

1) I do not take requests at the moment. Not for at least 1 month.

2) I do not do character design. So If you got a team and need a moddeller, don't ask me for characters, monster, armors or the likes. I do weapons and environment.

3) If you want a model from me, I want a concept from you. It's simple. I do not design my own concept art, as my drawing skills are horrible. I also do not spend time designing in my head. I need a clear idea of what I am making. Loose or not, I need something.

Now, if you want one of the models, or got some feedback on what I got here, feel free to post here to PM me. I am online for the day at least :)

P.S. Yes, only 1 of the picture is showing. It makes it all cleaner. Currently only my crossbow mode is showing as a image on this thread. I decided crossbows interest the most people now, and it will attract more people :)

Cheers,

Matth

Hmm, mind if i asked you a question about crossbows in general? No? well here it is anyway ;)

Did you get that Crossbow animated? As in all the vertices weight painted and skinned? Because the corresponding animation is showing some glitched on my end..

I've replaced the vanilla loading mechanism with something a bit more elvish, but now the lever wont move. Same for the crossbow arms. So the only thing that actually moves is the string itself :unsure:

I was wondering how you got it to move, and was hoping you might be able to tell me how to solve this.

I'm pretty sure i added weights to every vertex the model has, and assigned them to the correct nodes. Nifskope shows the animation perfectly, but ingame it just doesnt move.

Any idea why nifskope shows the correct animation, while Skyrim doesnt show any animation at all ingame? :sad: Ive been banging my head on this all day, and still no luck. :wallbash:

Ok, bit more on topic:

Sweet model you made for that crossbow! :D I like the fact that its longer than usual. Seems more menacing :devil:

Hey Urwy!

I am sorry, but it is not skinned or animated properly. Mostly because I am heading for the army tomorrow, and decided to put that kind of hold untill the worse part is over. I.E. 1-2 months.

Any idea why nifskope shows the correct animation, while Skyrim doesnt show any animation at all ingame? Ive been banging my head on this all day, and still no luck.

That's Nifskope in general! My only tip is to break apart the .NIFs used by the 2 in-game crossbows, and learn from that. If you make models for TES game, I suggest also learning what most of the nodes means -- good enough that you can turn a mesh useable without the copy/paste method. It really does help in the length. Especially animations are tricky within Nifskope. I spent some time with animations, and particles, in Oblivion, and damn ... it's all akward.

I am sorry I can't help more!

Matth