TESsnip Esp. to Esm. Conversion

Cavou

Just a quick question; will using TESsnip's "spell" of converting an esp. to an esm. cause instability in my game (crashes, corrupt saves, etc)? I want to convert Fortune Canyon.esp and Vurt's WFO.esp to resolve a few issues and am hesitant to do so as I have bad experiences doing personal edits to my game. Is this a safe course of action? Thanks to anyone who replies- I don't expect a really deep answer.

I'd rather use Wrye Smash's "Esmify Self" command, it will turn a plugin into a masterfile. I used it a few times, never had any problems with it.

Thanks!

But do you mean "Wyre Flash?" I can't find a download for Wyre Smash.

Edited by JimPop

It's Wrye Flash, sorry about that. It has a different name for every game so I get confused sometimes (Smash for Skyrim, Flash for Fallout 3/NV, Bash for Oblivion, Mash for Morrowind).

The only time you may have a problem is if a plugin has overrides of worldspace references - make sure the tool you are using to esm-ify a plugin creates ONAM records or you will make stability worse. For sure FNVEdit does this. Not sure about TESsnip or Wyre flash.

Also, some mods have have certain script errors, yet work anyway as a esp, but stop working when you flip the esm bit.