How to set item base id with Geck?

TMackT

Is it possible to set the item base id? cuz when i edit item it seems to always change, and i have a bunch of bat files so I can easily give my companion item, but if the id change i have to edit it which is a pain, using M4 by Imperator3, WW2 M1 Helmets by Earind, JoOs MODERN Armory by JackoO, M1 Carbine by PickinTheBanjo, sorry im kinda new to GECK

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're saying. The base ID doesn't change when you edit an item in the GECK, it is automatically assigned to an object upon creation and can't be changed.

However, if you change the editor ID it will prompt you to create a duplicate of the item with a new base id. Is this what is happening?

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're saying. The base ID doesn't change when you edit an item in the GECK, it is automatically assigned to an object upon creation and can't be changed.

However, if you change the editor ID it will prompt you to create a duplicate of the item with a new base id. Is this what is happening?

Sorry idk what ur talking about, sorry kinda new, but i use gbo to find the weapon base id ingame, but when i use geck to edit stuff, maybe like another mod, the id just change, for example i was using geck to get some of the gun that comes with the monster mod,like 3f000ade use to be a id for the WW2 M1 Helmet, and now it seems to have change....

How do the find the weapon id???????? the console command: gbo is the only way ik to find the base id of modded item,when i put my cursor over the item in geck it gives me a bunch of numbers, which i think the base id is, but when i get ingame and type it, doesn't work? so any help plz

Oh, I think I know what's going on. Let me explain.

The first two digits in the base id you see in game depends on where the mod is located in you load order.

For example, if an item is added by a mod with the base id '00003959' and the mods index is 12, the base id in game will be '12003959'.

Where the mod is in your load order (mod index) depends on the last time the file was edited. Newest files are loaded last.

That's what Fallout Mod Manager, which I assume you're using, does when you order your mod list, it changes when the files were last edited.

So when you make a change in your .esp file and save it, it will be moved to the bottom of your load order because it's the file with the most recent change. That means the first two digits in the base id ingame will have changed.

So, when you're done editing and have saved your changes, simply move your mod back up to it's former position in your load order with the mod manager.

Let me know if this helped, and disregard my first post. I've been awake all night so I'm easily confused ;)

Oh, I think I know what's going on. Let me explain.

The first two digits in the base id you see in game depends on where the mod is located in you load order.

For example, if an item is added by a mod with the base id '00003959' and the mods index is 12, the base id in game will be '12003959'.

Where the mod is in your load order (mod index) depends on the last time the file was edited. Newest files are loaded last.

That's what Fallout Mod Manager, which I assume you're using, does when you order your mod list, it changes when the files were last edited.

So when you make a change in your .esp file and save it, it will be moved to the bottom of your load order because it's the file with the most recent change. That means the first two digits in the base id ingame will have changed.

So, when you're done editing and have saved your changes, simply move your mod back up to it's former position in your load order with the mod manager.

Let me know if this helped, and disregard my first post. I've been awake all night so I'm easily confused ;)

omfg i fking love you it work, no homo, THANKS!!!