Eating/Drinking idle animation reset bug.

Anach

New issue since Dawnguard, even after a reinstall and new game. Something is causing my eating/drinking idle animations on NPCs to reset; they will bring the food/drink to their mouth from behind their back, then it will instantly reset and repeat; this causes all eating/drinking NPCs within the cell to become synchronized. It's very obvious and immersion breaking I have no idea what causes it and my attempts to track down the issue have failed. I noticed it also breaks the vampires eating at tables in Castle Volkihar.

Any help is appreciated.

New issue since Dawnguard, even after a reinstall and new game. Something is causing my eating/drinking idle animations on NPCs to reset; they will bring the food/drink to their mouth from behind their back, then it will instantly reset and repeat; this causes all eating/drinking NPCs within the cell to become synchronized. It's very obvious and immersion breaking I have no idea what causes it and my attempts to track down the issue have failed. I noticed it also breaks the vampires eating at tables in Castle Volkihar.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm having this problem as well. Any luck on locating the problem?

Well I reinstalled twice, the first time did the exact same thing, so I spent a couple days going through mods and eventually and started a new game, but this time without IMCN (was going crazy in papyrus) and without Bloody Facials (BF was causing character to get stuck during the walk to the chopping block), So far I haven't had the issue again. So I can't say if it was one of those mods, or a certain combination of installing stuff. Suffice to say, I have no idea unfortunately.

I have the same issue, it is really noticeable with the eating and drinking vampires in castle volkahir. I do not use ICMN or Bloody Faces so I'll have to figure out which it is the hard way...

edit: as it turns out, for me it is a conflict between Convenient Horses and Fight or Fly. Both are essential mods to me, so i have notified both authors.

edit #2, as it turns out crimson tide causes this as well, not sure of which mod it's conflicting with, i'm sick of testing...

Edited by dubstyles

Well I use Crimson Tide and Convenient Horses, but I don't use Fight or Fly and no longer using IMCN. I have started a new game again and this time don't have the issue. I have disabled the Bloody Faces mod this time around though, as it was causing issues with the intro quest. I'm also sick of testing :P

• 3 weeks later...
Seems there are a few mods that cause this bug and I managed to track down 3 of them. FoF was fixed, I got rid of Crimson Tide and replaced it with Enhanced Blood Textures, Bloody Faces was apparently fixed, but something else is also causing the issue, and I still have it even after disabling all those mods. Just a matter of tracking it down once again.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...