Cant talk to anyone! :(

domdavid

I can no longer talk with NPCs. My activate (E) key works for all other purposes (sitting, taking things, etc.) but when I try to talk to any NPC, nothing happens. I can't trade, complete quests, etc. I tried starting a new game, and the new test character worked fine- I could talk. I tried reverting to older saves of my existing character prior to when the glitch happened, and I still can't talk to anyone. So I think there's something corrupt about my current character, but I have no other symptoms. I really don't want to start over, so I'm hoping there's a fix for this. Please help ! :(

Ye... that problem. I normally just load a save back such as autosave or full. All i can do is post some simple troubleshooting commands.

Go to console and-

1- Quicksave before this!, target your character and type Kill.

2- Type EnablePlayerControls

3- Click your character and type Disable then Enable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am just now experiencing this as well.

Only major change I have had is updating Better Vampires, along with Bat Travel and Royal Bloodline.

Do you happen to use any of these mods?

well thats disapointing i was hoping to find what mods are causing this but i dont use any of those i was thinking it was TCG or canibis skyrim mods but thats a very uneducatid guess those seem to be the ones i installed before it happend