My yearly "Has gameplay been fixed?" thread!

Deleted4610270User

Every year or so since release of Fallout 4, I come here and ask whether any mods have fixed F4 gameplay. I stopped playing when I became God-like with numerous mods that added extra difficulty, etc. It didn't matter. I wasn't even that high level-wise, but nothing could stop me. Do any mods address that? I want some proper RPG experience, like in Fallout New Vegas. I wish New Vegas could be ported onto F4 engine

There are a lot of overhauls but you need to be able to patch them yourself to combine things and edit stuff to your preference.

In the years you could have easily learned this, it's pretty simple.

I find the problem to mostly be loot, it's easy to make damage adjustable so you die easily and use systems like Horizon where enemies scale equal to player so you don't end up OP.

The main problem especially is using a lot of mods that add new healing systems etc is the loot LLs.

I make my own and make everything extremely rare, NPc's use ammo so u rarely find it on them and ammo is far more rare too.

Mods like Horizon, PIRAD, Agony, GASMasks of the Wasteland, Nuclear Winter, and a loot table overhaul from the author of PIRAD (I forget the name of it) are all quite good but to use them all together and get the balance you want, and maybe make things even more challenging Loot-wise, you need to know how to use Xedit.

Also, many weapon mods take the liberty of injecting themselves into LL's so you start finding new powerful guns and ammo everywhere.

These are all things you gotta edit if you want a truly challenging Survival type game.

As for RPG elements I think Horizon has the most to offer still.

K, I was reading descriptions of those mods and you got me excited. I come from The Witcher 3 modding community, to which I contributed. TW3 was the first game for which I created and officially released mods, but TW3 modding tools were terrible and I beat the game far too many times to ever beat it again. I never beat F4 because it became too easy.

I really enjoyed making visual effects/FX/particles mods for light sources (fire, embers, smoke), weather (fog, clouds, snow, rain), blood, and special meshes (like rivers). Are there modding tools for that in F4? I don't know scripting at all...

I might get into F4 mod-making, but for now I want to mod the game with existing mods. For Skyrim, there used to be an All-In-One modding guide that guided readers on how to set the whole thing up. Is there one for Fallout 4? An Up-top-date guide would be greatly appreciated! I also want to beef up F4 graphics, but I recall my earlier attempts, where texture mods were incompatible because some mods only modified diffuse textures, while others modified diffuse, normal, and specular textures. You could end up with a combination of mods where modded diffuse textures did not match modded normal textures, and etc. I remember having to inspect each DDS file to make sure it all textures matched each hother accurately.

Anmother issue I experienced with TW3 modding was that some of the best mods were extremely old and by then there were better ones, yet less popular due to young age. Perhaps there is a thread dedicated to people listing combination of mods?

I don't really know of any all in one guide. I have just learnt from a lot of different sources, mostly Youtube. Creation Kit I can use when I need to but I am barely utilising its potential. I find it too hard to learn but If I had to I would have, the problem is Xedit does most of what Creation Kit can do but its simpler. I think Creation kit is more for scripting and Worldspace mods.

I intend to one day replay TW3 with mods. I haven't played it at all since owning a PC and never actually finished it on Console. Its like On a long list of games to play but damn, I seem to be stuck here at Fallout 4 for a long time.