Looking for a texture 2k

Mebantiza

I am looking for a fine grained sand\beach type texture 2k or 4k even, 2k preferred with normal's optimized for SSE. I have 2 currently, but both are only 512 and 1k and while they are not terrible by any means, they are a little on the low-res side if you look closely. I have poked through all the Classic skyrim mods, and most of the mods that did have what I was looking for, were of course, all 1k or less even. HD textures landscapes do exist of course for SSE, good ones, but all those are geared toward the pseudo-Scandinavian landscape that Skyrim is meant to emulate.

The look I am after, is along the lines of your typical tropical paradise beach with flawless pristine, (or near) looking sand.

Edited by Mebantiza

Thanks that looks good. I do not have much experience creating textures from scratch, but Im sure Ill figure it out. I tested the sandy one and its looks pretty good, but it tiles and it needs a normal made up for it. etc.

Thank you.

No one seems to have produced a proper 2k or 4k fine grain sand texture for skyrim, even for the mods that use them.

Edited by Mebantiza

Yeah, I think what you have to do (mind you I've never done it) is to crop it down to a perfect square, then make it seamless. I don't remember whether brushes or patterns tile, or whether you have to set it not to, but whatever graphics editor you're using, you will probably have luck with googling (name) + how + custom + brush. That should point you toward tutorials. It's been a while since I used photoshop, but I think it was a matter of a few settings, and suddenly your picture of chainmail is a seamless wall of chainmail, wherever your brush goes.