CD Startup Screen

Stefanzhr

When i insert the Morrowind CD, the game just automatically starts and brings me to the main menu (the one that take up the full screen). The initial menu (the one that does not take up the full screen and allows you to chose which plugins to load) never appears.

I have tried reinstalling the game, but this did not do anything.

The menu has appeared in the past, but it just stopped one day.

I don't know if this matters to anyone, but I have the GOTY version of the game.

What do I do? I can't load any pluggins!!!!

Please help.

Just launch Morrowind from the Start Menu...

I guess I didn't explain myself properly.

I have no problem launching and playing morrowind. My problem is that I cannot get to the menu where I choose which plugins to load.

The game automatically launches when I put in the CD, but it skips that small menu that only takes up about a fourth of the screen and it has options like 'play' and 'data files'. The exact same thing happens when I launch morrowind from the start menu.

Any ideas?

BTW, Thanks for the attempted help. I appreciate it.

I wasn't "attempting" anything, you braying fool. The shortcut for Morrowind contained within the Start Menu points to Morrowind Launcher.exe, which shows you that "small menu."

...And if I were you, the person who suggested that we ban a member of the MEMod team for pulling an April Fool's joke and protested MEMod's name on the grounds that it didn't do it justice, I wouldn't be so condescending.

I did not suggest banning anyone. EDIT: About reporting Suzerain, I assumed that whoever takes care of reports would go to Suzerain's post, smile at it (possibly believe it and freak out), and proceed to go about his/her merry way.

I thought my comment about MEMod's name would be taken as a compliment.

Sorry if I sounded condescending, but I was actually thanking you for trying to help.

This is my second language, you must forgive me. Sometimes things just don't always come out sounding like they're supposed to.

Sorry for any possible confusion. :( (OK, I know that just about everybody who wasn't raised in an English-speaking country uses this excuse, but it is true)

I followed your suggestion, but it did not work. It did give me an idea though-I decided to go to the source of the problem. So I went to the 'Morrowind' folder found in 'Program Files' and tried getting to that menu by opening Morrowind Launcher.exe, and it still brought me to the big menu. The same goes for Morrowind.exe.

Sooo... anymore suggestions (please).

Archived