Creation kit crashing when trying to open Render window.

So I been working on a mod that does what Boston Natural Surrounds does, but since I wanted a winter theme due to the recent release of Nuclear winter by D1v1ne, I had edited textures to add some snow to the Pine branches. I was using BNS Pines only/trees only version, but it still adds quite a lot of extra plants to the worldspace. Mostly GoldenRod, PreWar Holly bush, Lure Weed, and Ferns.

So using Xedit I copied all the pine tree worldspace placement references as new references into a new ESP. I also made the BNS pines as stand alone meshes rather than replacers for Far Harbour.. Because I was wanted Far Harbour to have the dead pines and foggy look while having greener pines in Commonwealth.

I am using Icepick overhaul for Snow textures and it has its own textures for the Far Harbour trees. The meshes from BNS and also used by SpiffySkytrooper in some of his mods are created by ImpulseMan45. I edited the Texture UV maps for some of the bottom branches of them. But If I use these meshes and replace them into BNS They still work fine. I also created all new LODs using BillBoard Creator

I had read that if CK crashes on Render window its probably due to a bad mesh trying to load. But as I say, the meshes load in CK fine if added to BNS and renamed so the esp reads them as replacements. The render window opens fine.

To further test that it was not the meshes I completely deleted my Main BA2 for the new ESP I made but it still crashes CK when trying to load exterior Worldspace in the render window. Interior I am unsure of but I have had no reason to try test interior cells in the render window because this is a landscape mod.

So it seems the problem is with the ESP itself. In game I have had no problems so far testing this esp everything seems to work as it should. It reports zero errors when checking with Xedit. All other mods I am able to open worldspace cells in the render window.

Anyone Know why this would happen??

I was planning to begin adding many more pines before generating LOD but the only way to do that effectively is with the Render Window of CK as far as I know, otherwise you have no idea where you are actually placing them.

An Alternative I guess Is to just use the BNS mod and create a bunch of blank textures so ferns etc don't show. But I really was hoping to create this as independent from BNS and be more of a winter mod while maintaining compatibility with Icepick Overhaul as much as possible.

And, I really did want to add those extra trees for a bit more dense look.

PS, I know The native flora of the area must have a certain look. I an not interested in recreating a realistic image of the geographical location. I am not from the US so to me, the game really could be set in any location.

If anyone is interested I think found the reason. I had the meshes and textures packes as BA2's in the mods folder. I use MOD Organiser so I copied the Mods Loose files to texture and Meshes folder in Data when I used LOD gen to generate the LODs, then forgot they were still there. It seemed that the loose files in the data folder were causing the crash. But unsure if it was crashing due to a bad mesh within those loose folders or not still. I will have to trouble shoot further. Its most likely one of the new trees I added that is the Aspen tree from the base game retextured, or a lighting shader property I've changed

Edited by Guest