Missing Text

Palpenious

I've been having this problem off and on for at least a few months. About 80% of the time I start up Oblivion, my menu text (item/spell names, locations, even spell effects on weapons and armor) is invisible. The little pop-up window that shows when you hover over things like your class, even has a transparent background. Usually I had been simply quitting, and restarting, until it worked. I had an idea to try starting up without OBSE, just using the default "start game". When I went into the menu after this, all the text was back. My question is, since I really don't know much about how OBSE works. Is there a way to change whats going on there? I really like a lot of the mods that use it, so I'd rather not just cut it out if I don't have to. Any suggestions, or if any one else maybe had this problem and fixed it, appreciated.

On a side note, I am using Darnified Dark UI, I believe. It's been a while since I installed it, but that and the color map replacers, are the only thing that affects my menus. Anyway, thanks if you can help.

OK, tried it again and apparently it's not OBSE, just some weird glitch. Back to the drawing board, guess I have to do the old "turn off all mods, and turn 'em back on one at a time".

-Moderators, feel free to delete this now useless post

Archived