Trying to wrap my head around papyrus scripting

gigantibyte

For multiple summons look at this thread http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/750214-multiple-summons-with-a-staff/page__p__5995478__fromsearch__1#entry5995478

About leveled lists, the level encounters one of the variables that make the game decide wich actor to spawn. In conjunction with player's level, encounter zone defined levels, conditions etc.

And yes, you can put leveled lists in other leveled lists. You can make one single leveled list spawn all the skyrim's leveled lists if you want (like a total random summoner).

For multiple summons look at this thread http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/750214-multiple-summons-with-a-staff/page__p__5995478__fromsearch__1#entry5995478

About leveled lists, the level encounters one of the variables that make the game decide wich actor to spawn. In conjunction with player's level, encounter zone defined levels, conditions etc.

And yes, you can put leveled lists in other leveled lists. You can make one single leveled list spawn all the skyrim's leveled lists if you want (like a total random summoner).

Using the rule-of-thumb that it's easier to duplicate something in the CK then modify, I did start with a summon spell and effect. However, I stripped out all of the summoning architecture mostly kept just the visuals. Using the built in summoning "structure" functionality was way too complicated for my purpose, and I did what I needed in a script.

I put together a quick mod to verify the concept. The next step is to create a better leveled list to use, as right now my spell disregards the level of the player when determining what to summon.

Here's a video of what I put together so far:

Edited by gigantibyte

So basically what you want to do is a portable arena? Cool idea ;)

I suggest you to keep from the summon spells also the "hit shader" (i mean the purple vortex) or at least put something for it, cause those pop ups are a bit odd.

About lvl lists, the encounter zone plays an important role too, so i'm pretty shure that summons in cities will be different from summons in dungeons or wilderness

So basically what you want to do is a portable arena? Cool idea ;)

I suggest you to keep from the summon spells also the "hit shader" (i mean the purple vortex) or at least put something for it, cause those pop ups are a bit odd.

You mean monsters popping out of thin air is not lore friendly? :tongue:

That's a bit beyond my scripting knowledge atm, but it's something to work on. The vortex may be tied into summoning, but even if I could activate it in the CK, it may not appear at the same place the placeatme function places the enemy. It may be possible if there is a way to create the vortex from the script.

About lvl lists, the encounter zone plays an important role too, so i'm pretty shure that summons in cities will be different from summons in dungeons or wilderness

More study of the leveled character is required on my part. It's not very handy that the player cannot quickly see a creature's level. It would be useful for testing purposes.