Is it possible to resize monsters outside of the quest editor?

DK36

I've tried several different ideas ranging from replacing Aptonoths with Kulve's model to replacing Pteryx with Tizitzi-Ya-Ku. I copy/paste in the mod3 and mrl3 files, rename them to the monster I'm trying to change, but rather than shrinking down the replacement monster, it puts them in at full size. So the Kulve/Aponoth is a bit awkward, and Tizitzi/Pteryx is squished down into a nightmareish abomination. What I wanted to know is if there's something I can change myself without the use of texture editing, as I don't have access to the needed tools, nor the knowledge or experience to use them.

I recall a mod that replaced Poogie outfits with smaller versions of monsters, which is why I'm trying to look into this more. Either way, thanks in advance to anyone that reads this :)

That mod edited the model directly to shrink them to poggie's size since otherwise collision would mess up. It's done using Blender and Asterisk's Plugin which has download links both on nexus as on github. Any size controlling parameter would also shrink hitboxes, you need to actually do it at model level.