Having a problem with something

scottym23

Hello Prensa!

"You don't have more than one installation of Fallout 3 do you?"

Right when you said that I smiled and realized that had to be the problem.

Recently I bought the goty edition because I had already had the regular fallout version but none of the dlc. The price to buy each individual dlc was more than the goty edition since there was a Bethesda summer sale, and it was selling for $11.99 (couldn't pass up a deal that good :P).

But I had forgotten to delete my regular fallout folder after downloading the goty edition. I was actually about to reply saying I don't know why the GECK is doing this but for some reason it's loading up mods that I had deleted a long time ago, and when you said the above quote it all clicked. It was loading those old mods because although I had deleted them from my mods folder from the fomm, my fomm was directed to the goty edition folder. So the reason they were being loaded into GECK is because it wasn't loading up the mods from my goty edition, but from my older regular version. And that would explain why MyMansion wasn't showing up, because I downloaded that into my goty directory, not my regular directory where the GECK was pulling my mods from.

I feel like we just solved a crime haha, it's so satisfying solving a problem like this!

Sure enough when I moved the MyMansion mod into my regular fallout directory the GECK picked up on it. Problem solved! Now all there is to do is learn how to use it and set up my patrol :).

Thanks so much for helping me all of this way, I really appreciate it. If there's anything I can help you with in the future (which I doubt since you seem more knowledgeable about most computer things) just let me know, or if you ever just want to talk!

Again, thanks so much, from

Scott

scottym23 - Hello!

"Right when you said that I smiled and realized that had to be the problem."

That was the very last idea that came to me, just glad it's figured out. :)

"I feel like we just solved a crime haha, it's so satisfying solving a problem like this!"

Hope it hasn't put you off modding, it's not normally that tricky to mod a file. :)

"Recently I bought the goty edition because I had already had the regular fallout version but none of the dlc."

The DLC's are great fun, I'm particularly partial to Point Lookout. :)

"Thanks so much for helping me all of this way, I really appreciate it."

Happy to help!

"If there's anything I can help you with in the future"

Thank-you kindly!

Good luck with your modding!

Prensa