Creature Stamina

AndurilWielder

So this has been bugging me for a little while; it seems that creatures in Skyrim have unlimited stamina or something, they just keep going. In real life, (human) hunters would catch prey by pursuing their targets, wearing them down eventually to the point where they cant move. Humans have more stamina than every other creature out there (not speed though), so when I get out-performed by a creature in Skyrim it just annoys me because I always remember the techniques used for hunting (and still used today by tribes in Africa). Thoughts?

I dunno what up to your game than... any mods installed that maybe cause bug's?

I'm saying this because for me (ice spells for example) work on every creature or human, draining its/her/his stamina making them a bit slower and do not allow them to use power attacks.

Yes you're right, there are options to drain your opponent's stamina, but naturally speaking without magic, who would tire first? The player would. Then you run around chasing an animal who's hide you need for an hour.

That's my point, elk should have a little less stamina than they currently do, saber-tooths should have incredibly low stamina, but a very fast running speed, etc. Though I'm not sure how that would work, as it seems running speed for everything is the same, its all just governed by how much stamina you have.

Edited by AndurilWielder

Yes you're right, there are options to drain your opponent's stamina, but naturally speaking without magic, who would tire first? The player would. Then you run around chasing an animal who's hide you need for an hour.

That's my point, elk should have a little less stamina than they currently do, saber-tooths should have incredibly low stamina, but a very fast running speed, etc. Though I'm not sure how that would work, as it seems running speed for everything is the same, its all just governed by how much stamina you have.

I think its not about their base stamina, I think enemys just recover/regenerate stamina hell fast...

An example...I drained a bandits marauders stamina to 0 with ice spells, started using fire spells to deal more damage and just when I began to use fire spells he allready was able to attack me with power attacks again...

same for creatures btw...

Edited by korrumpiert

Running speed isn't the same. If wolves chase me they always catch me. I have to jump over rocks and stuff to get away.

Also humans don't have more stamina than a lot of creatures such as the ostrich. Your talking about sprinting not jogging. In Skyrim you can jog indefinitely.

Also kitted out in workman's leather boots, shields and weapons your lucky you can move at all let alone outrun deer.

I do agree though. Enemies don't lose Stamina and Magicka in traditional ways like we do. Casting spells and sprinting they seem to be able to keep on doing. You have to drain them to remove it.

I'd like to see a modder tackle this.