How do I add my nif model into the creation kit?

I have made my 3D model and have exported it as a nif file but I cannot figure out how add the model into the creation kit, I tried replacing the base nif model of an existing model with my nif model (such as a painting) but I get an error message saying âinvalid directoryâ

i did the steps like you said but when i replace the nif model with my nif model, my nif model appears as a red diamond with an exclamation mark in the middle and thin purple sheet running through the middle.

when i load my nif model in 3ds max it appears like its meant to (its a picture frame)

The exclamation mark means, that the Nif can't be loaded for some reason. You may (or may not) find the reason - or at least a hint - in the Creation Kit "Warnings" window.

It's not neccessary to treat the Nif with elric to load it into CC. CC can display "old fashion" Nifs and will emit a warning ("HAVOK: Converted physics objects to new physics at runtime for scenegraph BASE meshes...nif.")

elric will be needed as soon as you (finally) want to use your Nif in game.

You may also try to open the Nif in NifSkope. This could reveal problems too.

Good luck.

• 4 years later...

The man's question was never answered. I've got a female body NIF with 4 arms. (MORTAL KOMBAT!) I want my 4 armed beauty to be in the CK as one of my followerrs. How do I make that happen?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The man's question was never answered. I've got a female body NIF with 4 arms. (MORTAL KOMBAT!) I want my 4 armed beauty to be in the CK as one of my followerrs. How do I make that happen?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

If it's fake hands and those hands aren't functional... You either need to duplicate the weights (bone skins) from the real hands to the fake hands (they'll copy the animations of the real hands, miss objects and add even more fo4 idiocy than it already has). .. Or just paint them red in the area of ​​the bones where they will not interfere with the animations of real hands (they should probably be higher than real hands). If they are functional hands, they will need a separate race, and a set of their own idle animations (hkx). In general, this is real, but in the second case it is a job for a studio that bethesda will hire to produce a package of components for a new four-armed race.

• 6 months later...

I've seen the exclamation point of death error even if you simply rename a .nif file and then point to that newly renamed .nif file in the Model File Name field.

Throws a warning like this (don't mind the long ass path, lets all imagine I renamed the original WorkshopCampFire01.nif to WorkshopCampFire02.nif) :

MODELS:                Could not find model Weapons\DOOM\1911\Workshop\Meshes\DLC02\SetDressing\Workshop\WorkshopCampFire02.nif