FCOM Install help

Lanthorn

Wondering if anyone might have run across this particular problem before. I have some missing mesh problems but it seems to be only with Statics like furniture (tables and shelves etc.)

If I disable OOO esm and esp file, and Fcom Convergence esm and esp the missing mesh problem goes away, if I enable any of them though the problem occurs again.

After reading through forums and on the Wiki FAQ, I thought maybe at first it was a problem with Frans BSA file not loading but I chose the option during install to register the bsa file in the oblivion.ini so the entry to register the bsa file to load was already in my ini file. I also tried making a dummy BSAloader.esp and renaming FranNewItem.bsa to BSAloader - FranNewItem.bsa but that did not work.

I am not seeing any missing NPC's so far and have not noticed any missing textures.

It is probably something with my load order or maybe a file I have missed that I was supposed to install but I just cannot figure it out, I have went over and over the Quick start sheet and

Here is my load list:

FCOM detected.

Oblivion.esm date: Fri Dec 08 13:47:50 2006

------------------------------------
Recognised and re-ordered mod files:
------------------------------------

Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm

Francesco's Optional New Items Add-On.esm

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm

Mart's Monster Mod.esm

FCOM_Convergence.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
 !!! FCOM INSTALLATION ERROR:  Use MOBS version when using Francesco's and FCOM.

Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Bosses.esp

Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Enemies.esp

Francesco's Optional Chance of More Enemies.esp

Francesco's Optional Leveled Guards.esp
 . Note:  Only use with Shivering Isles expansion.

FCOM_Francescos.esp
 . Note:  Required only if using Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items 4.5b Main package installed.

FCOM_FrancescosItemsAddOn.esp
 . Note:  Requires only if using Francesco's 4.5b Main & Addon packages installed.

FCOM_FrancescosNamedBosses.esp

Bob's Armory Oblivion.esp

FCOM_BobsArmory.esp

Oblivion WarCry EV.esp

FCOM_WarCry.esp
 . Note:  Pick only one: FCOM_WarCry or FCOM_WarCryNoSpawn.

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp

FCOM_Convergence.esp

FCOM_RealSwords.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Hunting & Crafting.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Looting NPCs & Creatures.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Vindasel.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Foxes.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Dungeons of MMM.esp

The Lost Spires.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - City Defences.esp

Bag of Holding.esp

Beautiful People.esp
 . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:NpcFaces,Hair,Eyes}}

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Ive went through FiveFries cheat sheet a few times trying to make sure I did not miss anything and searched around on the missing mesh problems and found some info but the fixes I tried didnt help.

http://members.cox.net/smw_sentara/Oblivion%202008-09-26%2015-04-27-23.jpg

(I think this is normally just static barrels that you can not open in this spot)

(And the other spots I tested all seemed to be static items, not sure if that information will help or not)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

anything that says !!! FCOM INSTALLATION ERROR: needs fixing, when you install frans there is an option that says "use mobs" you should have that checked off. also did you get the 500mb frans pack or the 45mb one? im guessing the latter, get the former as well.

also there is a great tool link there that will help you figure out what this is, it allows you to cast a spell on the missing mesh and it will tell you where its from.

i have quite the feeling you didnt install the optional add on of 500mb

BUT if you did try the other tool i linked

I got the Frans patch for USIP has two esp's one says non-MOBS and one says MOBS, Im sure I used the MOBS version I have worried over that "Installation Error" and I have dropped the FRAN USIP MOBS patch into my DATA folder like 5 times lol. (Just as note, I have the missing meshes even if I dont use USIP)

My FraNewItems.BSA file is 345 mb so Im pretty sure I got the right pack. (I followed FiveFries Cheat sheet and used his links)

When installing FRANS I selected Use MOBS, as instructed to in the FiveFries Cheat Sheet.

I have two FRAN install exe's "Francescos_leveled_creatures-items_mod.exe" - 39.7mb and "FrancescosOptionalNewItemsCreatures.exe" - 535mb

I'll try that tool but my SI is from Direct2Drive (non-dvd version) and OBSE might not work for me. (my Original Oblv install is DVD though)

I'll re-install FRAN's again just to make sure I select Use MOBS.

The only items I've noticed with missing meshes have been like Furniture, tables, crates, shelves (lots of potions and books floating near the missing messhes icons) the static ones/non-container ones.

Thank you for the help.

ADDITION:

I was able to found out the missing meshes are from Oblivion.esm all the Hex#'s start with 00

When I disable 000 esp and esm, and FCOM Convergence esp and esm the mesh problem goes away. (Enabling either OOO , FCOM or both brings it back)

Here is my modlist from WB

Active Mod Files:
00  Oblivion.esm
01  Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm
02  Francesco's Optional New Items Add-On.esm
03  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm  [Version 1.34Beta3]
04  Mart's Monster Mod.esm  [Version 3.6beta2]
05  FCOM_Convergence.esm  [Version 0.9.9a7]
06  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.2.0]
07  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
08  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.4.0]
09  Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Bosses.esp
0A  Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Enemies.esp
0B  Francesco's Optional Chance of More Enemies.esp
0C  Francesco's Optional Leveled Guards.esp
0D  FCOM_Francescos.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
0E  FCOM_FrancescosItemsAddOn.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
0F  FCOM_FrancescosNamedBosses.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
10  Bob's Armory Oblivion.esp
11  FCOM_BobsArmory.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
12  Oblivion WarCry EV.esp
13  FCOM_WarCry.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
14  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp  [Version 1.34Beta3]
15  FCOM_Convergence.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
16  FCOM_RealSwords.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
17  Mart's Monster Mod - Hunting & Crafting.esp  [Version 3.6Beta2]
18  Mart's Monster Mod - Looting NPCs & Creatures.esp  [Version 3.6Beta2]
19  Mart's Monster Mod - Vindasel.esp  [Version 3.6Beta2]
1A  Mart's Monster Mod - Foxes.esp  [Version 3.6Beta2]
1B  Mart's Monster Mod - Dungeons of MMM.esp  [Version 3.6Beta2]
1C  The Lost Spires.esp
1D  Mart's Monster Mod - City Defences.esp  [Version 3.6Beta2]
1E  Bag of Holding.esp  [Version 1.5.0]
1F  Beautiful People.esp
20  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

obse does not work with direct2drive versions of the game so that could be your problem.

it looks like you did everything else right. your .bsa file is the right size i just checked mine.

so the problem goes away when loading frans without OOO installed?

youve kind of stumped me other than the direct2drive thing

Yes the problem goes away when I do not load OOO esp and esm files.

And I checked allot of the items with missing meshes and they all seemed to be from Oblivion.esm, (I assume that same goes even if you don't use FormID, item ID's with 00 at the start of the hex # are from oblivion.esm and FF is from your save etc.)

It seems like it has to be a problem with a bsa being overwritten but Im so clueless when it comes to exactly what each of my mods changes I could not begin to guess on how to re-arrange my load order.

Hope someone using the D2D version and FCOM will read this.

Thanks for your help though, you definitely helped me find what direction to look in, guess this will give me an excuse to get more involved with the TES:Toolset, something I keep putting off.

have you tried reinstalling OOO as well? and check the OOO file for the missing items, i know when i first installed OOO none of the guards had legs, now it was quite humorous and looked interesting but it wasnt going to fly, i had to do a reinstall of OOO and it fixed itself

I have re-installed ooo and it's patch a few times with no luck.

I just got finished going through every mod I have, I opened details in WB and copy/pasted the item lists into a notepad file and did a search for a few items with missing meshes but didnt find them in any of the mods. (Searched by name and itemID number) Like "Barrel" 0000a3d1, "Wilderness of Cyrodil" 030227be etc.

Know of any console commands from vanilla oblivion that would give back more info on an item? I looked but could only find IsOwner that returns item and Cell info and that just tells the owner.

Going to try re-downloading OOO and FCOM and reinstall them both, Because the problem presists if I have just FCOM convergence esm and esp loaded without OOO, same thing vice versa or with both of them loaded.

UPDATE:::::

Ok I think it almost has to be a problem with my OOO install, I disabled all mods except that and the problem is still there.

Can't think of what I would be doing wrong, OOO is the last thing Ive have installed. (Oh besides Frans USIP MOBS patch)

if youre going to redownload and reinstall pretty much everything i would recommend doing a full reinstall, it wont delete your saves. uninstall oblivion and then delete the bethesda folder on the c (or whatever letter you installed it to) then reinstall oblivion patches and fcom.

as for console commands i dont know any that do that :-/