FCOM Install help

Lanthorn

Okay I reverted back to OOO 1.3 (removed the 1.34 beta patch for OOO) and the missing mesh problem goes away.

I think it maybe a problem with ArchiveInvalidation, and maybe it is only be showing up for people with setups that use Oblivion DVD and SI D2D.

I wonder if the FCOM install will work without OOO's 1.34 beta patch. I'll give it a shot, I have a backup of my data folder saved so it will be easy to revert.

Well,

No luck on getting OOO 1.33 to work with FCOM 0.99, had to use OOO's 1.34 patch because FCOM apparently relies on the OOO.esm/Master file that is added in the 1.34 patch. Oblivion wouldnt launch without adding the OOO 1.34 patch first :P

This problem has stumped everyone Ive asked so far, most agree is a problem with the meshes in Haverst/Containers, the only mesh that 1.34 adds to that folder though is XMSmiddlepaintingforest02b.nif so nothing is getting overwritten there.

I tried to use the ArchiveInvalidation tool just to see if that would work but no luck there. (Also tried to force all the Oblivion and SI mesh.bsa files to load by using some .esp files that made no real changes and naming them the same as the bsa files.

Not sure what to try next.

Everything else seems to be working ok, performance is good, I hunted for awhile in Vindasel last night and just around the wilderness. (That just made me want to get this fixed even more)

• 9 months later...
I'm having this exact problem with the Steam version. I have FCOM + many mods installed, but not having any problems besides missing crates and barrels, ect and I've tried everything in this thread.

lol me too.... this kinda... sucks... cause i ran FCOM before and this never happened, and the only thing I did different was I forgot to build the bashed.o patch, so I just played it like it came. No missing barrels or nuthing. Now however, I got missing barrels AND my graphics are absolutely crap. For some reason my graphics are all choppy at the same settings I had them at before... uh, I hate/love/hate this game...

• 3 weeks later...

Ditto.

I did a clean install and very carefull installing of FCOM.

I get the yellow hexagons with the black exclamation marks inside around all the lootable containers.

I've got the steam version, so the re-install was painless, if a little time-consuming to re-download. Did another install of FCOM, exact same problem.

Anyone had any luck with it yet? Is it because we're using the Steam version? Is it patched beyond the version in the shops? This version on Steam was only released a few weeks ago.

In fact, has anyone managed to get FCOM working fine on the recent Steam version?

• 10 months later...

I had the exact same problem and it was the most frustrating thing ever. I did all of the above and ended up reinstalling oblivion and FCOM twice.

I don't know if you have tried the installing the Harvest container mod, but it worked for me

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3979

That is the link, I just put the files in my folder and had the .esp last in my load order. I haven't found any conflicts yet. at least the textures are back.

Good luck