What was the hardest quest in vanilla Oblivion?

UnholyShadow

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me the hardest quest in vanilla was "the collector"

i have done every Vanilla quest in oblvion without any help at all.. exceipt "the colledtor"..

for those of you who dont the quest in talking about:

you have to find 10 ayleid statuettes in 10 different ayleid ruins,, and you get no clues at all...

i think i explored about twenty ayleid ruins without ever finding one.. so that is the hardest quest for me..

The quest where you deliver weapons to the 3 fighter guild members and help them kill the goblins in the mine.

Not so hard itself but it can be hard to complete it without the sword guy dying and then for the rest of the game people say "I hear the Fighters Guild botched a job at blah blah."

The quest where you deliver weapons to the 3 fighter guild members and help them kill the goblins in the mine.

Not so hard itself but it can be hard to complete it without the sword guy dying and then for the rest of the game people say "I hear the Fighters Guild botched a job at blah blah."

Haha yeah, I would always give them the wrong weapons just to piss them off. To keep them alive I used heal target spells but it's hard enough to avoid accidentally healing the goblins.

Hey, the Collector quest is not hard at all. Just search every ruin you find, it's not that many of them. And there's even no need to fight anyone, sneaking away works fine.

Sometimes you can miss the artifacts though, and you've got to keep track of your ruins pretty well.

For me, the hardest quest was the first main quest one, the first time I ever played Oblivion. I didn't know how to use the map, access the quest log, and hadn't realized what the quest arrow on the compass did. I was also scared of every NPC I saw, because I had just broken out of prison and was convinced I would be arrested or attacked if I was seen or spoke to any of them.

So yeah, it was a bit difficult running around Cyrodiil looking for a character (whose name I didn't remember) who lived in a place whose location I didn't know - all the while running away or hiding from every character I saw.

Adding to that was my fear that the beautiful world I saw all around me was going to fall apart if I did not complete the quest quickly enough. I knew that I didn't actually have to do anything, but I thought that not acting might allow Dagon to beat the empire and change the world before i had a proper chance to explore it.

Hey, the Collector quest is not hard at all. Just search every ruin you find, it's not that many of them. And there's even no need to fight anyone, sneaking away works fine.

Sometimes you can miss the artifacts though, and you've got to keep track of your ruins pretty well.

For me, the hardest quest was the first main quest one, the first time I ever played Oblivion. I didn't know how to use the map, access the quest log, and hadn't realized what the quest arrow on the compass did. I was also scared of every NPC I saw, because I had just broken out of prison and was convinced I would be arrested or attacked if I was seen or spoke to any of them.

So yeah, it was a bit difficult running around Cyrodiil looking for a character (whose name I didn't remember) who lived in a place whose location I didn't know - all the while running away or hiding from every character I saw.

Adding to that was my fear that the beautiful world I saw all around me was going to fall apart if I did not complete the quest quickly enough. I knew that I didn't actually have to do anything, but I thought that not acting might allow Dagon to beat the empire and change the world before i had a proper chance to explore it.

That's one of the funniest newbie Oblivion experiences I've heard of :P

• 1 month later...

I have no idea. Clavicus vile's pretty solid if you try and kill Umbra. Do-able though.Arena's never ending, so that'd be hard to complete.

Adding to that was my fear that the beautiful world I saw all around me was going to fall apart if I did not complete the quest quickly enough. I knew that I didn't actually have to do anything, but I thought that not acting might allow Dagon to beat the empire and change the world before i had a proper chance to explore it.- ethre

(Sorry the quote button wouldn't work)

I had a similar experience but I just ran around the Imperial city isle trying to find an entrance to the IC. When I got in I imediately assaulted the guard standing by the gate because I thought that he was going to arrest me. Ended up in jail (I though it was how the main quest progressed) and spent 1 hour waiting for something to happen, then realising nothing would and wandering what the hell to do. I eventually found out to use the bed.

:yes: :no: :yes: :no: :yes: :no: :yes: :no: :yes: :no: :yes: :no: :yes: :no: :yes: :no: :yes: :no: