What was the hardest quest in vanilla Oblivion?

UnholyShadow

Canvas the castle took me a long time to complete. I kept searching for clues, but it was realy hard to find them. It took a realy long time to find the paint-footprints on the carpet, they were so hard to spot. But the reward was nice, when i snitched on Channel :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, the hardest quest was the first main quest one, the first time I ever played Oblivion. I didn't know how to use the map, access the quest log, and hadn't realized what the quest arrow on the compass did. I was also scared of every NPC I saw, because I had just broken out of prison and was convinced I would be arrested or attacked if I was seen or spoke to any of them.

So yeah, it was a bit difficult running around Cyrodiil looking for a character (whose name I didn't remember) who lived in a place whose location I didn't know - all the while running away or hiding from every character I saw.

Adding to that was my fear that the beautiful world I saw all around me was going to fall apart if I did not complete the quest quickly enough. I knew that I didn't actually have to do anything, but I thought that not acting might allow Dagon to beat the empire and change the world before i had a proper chance to explore it.

This was hardest for me as well. :"D I can't remember any other parts of the game being so utterly bewildering, strange and completely throwing me off then the first half an hour or so, before I realized not everyone was going to attack me on sight and that the world wasn't going to fall to pieces.

Canvas the Castle also sort of threw me off, because I couldn't find the clues anywhere, since they were hidden so well. But after I found the first few, I knew how small and unnoticeable they were and was able to find the rest. :)

• 4 weeks later...

The quest in Leyawin, with the staff of everscamp. I was a really weak character and managed to (just) get through most of the cave, but all my healing potions were gone and my sword was broken. I ran to altar to place the staff, but it was early in the game for me and I didn't know how to drop things.

I would attempt to drop it and it would always say "not enough room" or something. A scamp was beating the hell out of me, I was weak, I had no healing potions, my sword was broken and this damm staff wouldn't drop. Eventually after thousands of saves I managed to drop it by fluke and just run out of the cave. The trip back to leyawin was also very hard, considering I had very low health and everything could kill me.

Later in the game I relised to drop stuff you had to aim for the sky.

well that'll have to be glarthir's quest. annoyance factor=100

i dont like to wait or rest just for the sake of it so i had to keep myself busy from one errand to the other, and i had to do quest near skingrad otherwise i could risk not reaching the meeting time and making glarthit get himself killed. that quest is really annoying cause you dont have to do anything.

then i'd had to say azani blackheart, cause after you leave the first ruin you have to follow the fighters guild champion(his name escapes me now) and boy does he walk slow, im a really impatient guy in that aspect, i mean you are a warrior why cant you run???