What was the hardest quest in vanilla Oblivion?

UnholyShadow

Definately The Wayward Knight. I hate having to keep Farwil and his lame friend alive. Especially when I'm blowing through the MQ and don't know any convalescence spells. >.< The best I had was a Protect Other spell, 15% shield doesn't get you far against them Storm Atronachs. So yeah. I'd decided to coc.testinghall and get the *SPOILER* best Thornblade there was from the room that has everything in it in boxes, and give 'Ole Andel Indarys his bloody signet ring. And also just because Farwil is intent on ruining my day with his arrogance. And because of his arrogance, he goes right ahead and attacks that storm atronach, instead of staying back and sucking his thumb like he should be. >.<

Farwil, if you're reading this, I hope you burn in the fires of Oblivion.

Have a nice day. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suffered greatly with the painted trolls the first time i went through the quest. I was around level 16 or so, and they kept killing me in a few hits and they totally killed me in melee. I only had the first fireball spell (6 damage), and they regenerated faster than the damage i could deal.

I killed a couple using my bow while sitting out of reach on top of a rock, but eventually i ran out of them and was done for.

I reloaded, bought like 500 arrows, and was finally able to complete it.

Another quest that gave me a headache was Battle for castle Kvatch. The first time i did it (same game as the paint trolls), i was level 20 something, so all i was facing was those big bad mean atronachs that obliterated the imperial soldiers and me, because my character sucked.

Definately The Wayward Knight. I hate having to keep Farwil and his lame friend alive. Especially when I'm blowing through the MQ and don't know any convalescence spells. >.< The best I had was a Protect Other spell, 15% shield doesn't get you far against them Storm Atronachs. So yeah. I'd decided to coc.testinghall and get the *SPOILER* best Thornblade there was from the room that has everything in it in boxes, and give 'Ole Andel Indarys his bloody signet ring. And also just because Farwil is intent on ruining my day with his arrogance. And because of his arrogance, he goes right ahead and attacks that storm atronach, instead of staying back and sucking his thumb like he should be. >.<

Farwil, if you're reading this, I hope you burn in the fires of Oblivion.

Have a nice day. ^_^

You know you aren't forced to keep Farwil alive to achieve the quest right ?

You know you aren't forced to keep Farwil alive to achieve the quest right ?

You can complete with him dead but then you won't get another reward to put in your cupboards and the Count won't think you have the sun shining out your behind.

Failed quests suck, everyone talks about it, "heard the Fighters Guild screwed up a job at jibbity mine."

The painted trolls-quest was really hard, though that might be because I tried it out the first time at around level 15 or so. The freaking trolls just kept killing me, and I couldn't kill them and used up the turpentine bottles on the first troll. Aaaaaa. But I finally managed to find this one rock they couldn't get up on and I could, so I just hid there and shot them all coward-style. ^_^

The Ultimate Heist was hard, I just kept screwing up all the time and I probably had to restart the quest 5-7 times before I realized I should save more often. For one, I missed the hole-thing and lost the special arrow you needed (Arrow of Extrication?), kept getting caught by the guards, died while falling down from the chimney after forgetting to put on the Boots of Springheel Jak etc. I failed so bad at that, but I was really fun. :D

• 3 weeks later...