Turn down the volumes of individual sounds?

todd92371

I was wondering if was possible to lower the general volumes of certain spells. Some of the spells (healing for example) are so much louder than other sounds. They are literally blowing me away with headphones on and even through the speakers when the volume is turned up enough to hear the other songs.

I am assuming I can at least get to the individual sounds and lower the volume in a music editing piece of software?

Thanks!!!!

todd

todd92371, i've edited skyrim wav files with no problems, only difficulty is locating the correct wav file.

you'll need a BSA archive utility, i use: BSAopt v1.6.3 by Ethatron - http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/41042

but there's probably better ones out there.

open 'Skyrim - Sounds.bsa', navigate the folders, you'll find magic sounds in archive folder '\sound\fx\mag\?'.

probably easier/safer to make a copy of that BSA file somewhere and extract the entire archive as loose files/folders

somewhere (not your skyrim install) so you can browse thru them with a player and edit them safely.

(i'd recommend being careful with these BSA archives and don't change anything in them).

after you finish editing (i usually only normalize or lower db, nothing fancy) you'll need to place the loose file in

'\skyrim\data\sounds\?\?\?' creating an identical folder path as the file was located in the BSA archive.

obviously the skyrim engine is designed/scripted to look for these wavs in organized specific folder locations.

be sure you have this setting in your skyrim.ini:

[General]

bLoadLooseFiles=1

skyrim should now only play the loose file you edited instead of the original file located in the BSA archive.

stay away from skyrim FUZ voice files, these are special audio files that also contain lip-sync info.

anyway, all this is simpler than it sounds lol.

Edited by xlcr