Console not coming up

lonewolfkai

I've installed several mods, none which should have changed the ~ key in anyway, but the console cursor will not come up for me at all. the only thing i can think of is that it has to do with OBMM or OBSE. i use both. any suggestions on how to correct this?

I never had an issue with the console on Vista. That's probably not the issue, if you are in fact using Vista.

The most likely culprit is that the setting in your Oblivion.ini file that enables the console has been turned off. To enable it, go to MyDocuments\MyGames\Oblivion and open the Oblivion.ini file with Notepad or something.

Find the entry that says something like "enableconsole". Just hit CTRL-F and search for Console to find it. If the value next to the entry is 0, change it to 1. If it is already 1, then most likely a mod is disabling it somehow. I wouldn't know anything about that, though.

There is also a 'feature' in Windows Media Center that disables the ~ key if there is a infrared receiver plugged into the system. Unplugging the IR allows it to function.

Some wireless keyboards have also been known to have a problem with the ~ key.

If nothing else works, Try this mod, Ring of Console: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13133

Archived