Master of Disguise

Evilslayer

So, I got the Master of Disguise mod for Skyrim SE for increased immersion. I just started a new character, an Altmer summoner who uses light armour. My intention with this character, as far as his equipment goes, is to eventually get a complete set of glass armour. But, obviously, I had to start with a somewhat lower tiered armour. I went directly from the Thalmor Embassy to Solitude, where I made myself a set of leather armour from Beyond Skyrim: Bruma. I specifically chose that type because it have sleeves, and I simply like it more than vanilla leather armour.

Anyway, I started the Legacy of the Dragonborn questline, and the first quest sends you to Riften. I took the boat to Windhelm, because of the malachite mine in Kynesgrove. That's where I ran into a problem. Once I entered Windhelm all the guards turned hostile. I loaded an earlier save, and bought some regular clothes in Solitude before going back to Windhelm. Same thing happened. I unequipped all of my leather gear, but they attacked me simply for having it in my inventory. Is that supposed to happen? Will the same thing happen if I show up in elven armour, or glass? I really don't want to have to do the civil war questline just so I can visit Windhelm, especially as my character is an Aldmeri loyalist.