Updating texture problem

Cynster

I've been working on facial textures all day, took a break, and now that I'm back, the textures that I change aren't loading in the game, even though they are the correct name and path. Also, I deactivated an OMOD and when I opened up OBMM it was activated, so I deactivated it again, and it's not helping. Is there some way to jump-start Oblivion to look for these files? I assumed it looked up the textures each time. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I tried on 2 separate head with very huge differences, but nothing.

I've been working on facial textures all day, took a break, and now that I'm back, the textures that I change aren't loading in the game, even though they are the correct name and path. Also, I deactivated an OMOD and when I opened up OBMM it was activated, so I deactivated it again, and it's not helping. Is there some way to jump-start Oblivion to look for these files? I assumed it looked up the textures each time. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I tried on 2 separate head with very huge differences, but nothing.

How are you doing these textures? Is the NPC a vanilla one, based on a vanilla one (who already had a face), or one completely from scratch? The filenames for face files are in 8 bit hex, so changing the load order of the mod may be breaking any linking between the NPC and the face. Havn't really done much work on this myself, but it would seem to make sense and explain why it was working once, but isn't now.

Archived