tes4 to fo3 modder transition

theuseless

Hi. I have extensive experience modding Oblivion. I know how to use Nifskope, bsa commander and I am very familiar with the Construction Set. I can handle most things I need with vanilla scripting.

I don't like how Oblivion handles dialogue however. With no dialogue, I don't feel inspired to write into my quests. I have made all my quests free form. I am far more interested in fo3, for this and aesthetic reasons. My question is thus: What do I need to know about transitioning my knowledge from tes4 to fo3? If there are any modders here who have made the switch, please let me know what differences there are. I understand that I can do most of the things the same in the Geck, and I understand Nifskope is fairly unchanged as well.

Please if anybody have any tutorials I would like to read them. Any suggestions, thoughts or reminders would be nice too. I have played fo3 with mods on a friend's computer, years ago. I understand that most of the structure is similar or the same.

Any input is welcom,

theuseless

-edit-

I know about the weapons packs, but if anybody knows of good animation packs or other large modders' resources, please post them as well if you will.

Edited by theuseless

thanks and kudos JkKiler.

I have learned that one of the only differences is the handling of AI. It seems that Navmeshing is what fo3 uses, instead of pathgridding as in tes4. If there are any other basics that I need to learn, please post.