ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Very Unstable FNV

DSUPERY92

Hi everyone, recently I had problems with Fallout New Vegas but now it's worse, it's too unstable, almost unplayable.
Crash, lag, slow loading and many problems, how can I fix it?
MOBO: MSI B150 PC MATE
GPU: NVIDIA MSI GeForce 1050 2GB
CPU: i3-6100.
Load Order:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
YUP ITA - Gioco base + Tutti i DLC.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
AWOPDeadMoney.esm
More Traits.esm
More Perks.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
qSkillPerks - More Perks.esp
UndergroundHideoutTTW.esp
TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp
ttw_wildwasteland.esp
TTWOptions.esp
TTW_Sprint Mod.esp
JIP Companions Command & Control.esp
YUP ITA - Correzioni per PNG (Gioco base + Tutti i DLC).esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
More Perks Update.esp
MorePerks.esp
More Perks Merged.esp
qSkillPerks.esp
qSkillPerksDLC01.esp
qSkillPerksDLC02.esp
qSkillPerksDLC03.esp
qSkillPerksDLC04.esp
qSkillPerksDLC05.esp
WMX-DLCMerged.esp
WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
LVL255PEL.esp
AWOPDeadMoneyVendorPatch.esp
AWOP-WMX.esp
WMX-DeadMoney.esp
Weapon Retexture Project.esp
WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp
WMX-HonestHearts.esp
WMX-POPMerged.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackClassic.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackTribal.esp
AWOP WRP Patch.esp
XFO - 4bb - Perks - Two per level.esp
More Perks for Companions Update.esp
More Traits Update.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
CAGE 1.9.3.2.esp
Sprint Mod.esp

This is a fairly common but generalized problem, so I'm going to be throwing a number of possible solutions at you. You need to work through them all, but expect that you will not see any dramatic immediate change from any one solution.

* Be aware that one error may mask a number of other errors, which will not appear until those masking them have been resolved. Building a stable game consists of resolving each problem individually until none remain, and then realizing that every change you make thereafter (including updates to mods already installed) run the risk of introducing new problems. Be prepared to revert to a previous save if you do so.

You have to get a stable FNV setup before you can add TTW. Then you have to check the TTW FAQ Forum for both the "Recommended Mods for 3.2.x" and "Mods Incompatible with 3.2+" threads as well as the FAQ page.

I am assuming you are playing the latest version of TTW (v3.2), but I don't see the TTW-AWOP patch.

From the presence of files similar to "YUP ITA - Gioco base + Tutti i DLC.esm", I conclude you are playing with a "regional language version" of the game. From their FAQ page:

TTW supports English Steam and GoG versions of both Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. The original disc version of Fallout 3 is also supported, but you will need to ensure you have the latest patch .
To change to the English version of the game:
Steam: Go to your Library and right click on the game. Select Properties, and then in the new window select the Language tab. Choose English from the dropdown list and allow Steam to update your game.
GoG: Go to your Library in the GoG Galaxy launcher, select the game and choose More, Settings, Language.

Please see the 'Common Game Problems' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. In particular:

* Don't install every optional file for a mod. Read the install instructions carefully. Optional files need to be selected on a "case by case" basis. For example: with any mod you usually only need one ESP (and possibly one ESM) "base" file depending upon whether you have all the DLCs active or not. Only if you don't have them all active do you need to install any specific DLC versions if there is an "Ultimate Edition/All/Merged DLC" version. With WMX-DLCMerged" and "WMX-POPMerged" installed you do not need the individual version files. (I suspect, but did not check, that you have a similar issue with "qSkillPerks".)

* "Compatibility patches" to make one mod work with another need to be placed after (as in "physically lower, higher numbered") in the "load order" than ALL of the plugins they are designed to make compatible. (This also applies to "fix" files.) ESMs should always be placed at the top (lowest numbered) positions in the "load order", followed by the related ESPs though they can be separated from their ESMs by other plugins. LOOT does a good job of determining those basic orders. Getting the "load order" incorrect will cause "Missing Masters" errors as well. You can make minor adjustments to the order and tell LOOT how to remember them. It's in the on-line documentation under "Metadata".

FYI: The "pre-order packs" (aka "POPs": Caravan, Classic, Mercenary, and Tribal; available now in the "Courier's Stash" addon), are not considered "true DLC expansions" by most mods and "compatibility patches" because they just add certain unique items. So their absence should not deter you from using "All DLC Merged" plugins. Where they are included, they should come after "GunrunnersArsenal.ESM" which is a true DLC expansion. When in doubt, follow the process in the wiki "Missing Masters" article to confirm they are not "master files" for that plugin.

* Check which version of "Texture Retexture Project" (WRP) you are using. The latest version corrects some pathing issues, but that renders it incompatible with some other older mods which are accommating the older path structure. You may need to use the older version (which is still available further down on the same page).

* Please see the paragraph about "auto-saves" under the 'Essentials for Getting Started' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. If you have been using the built-in "auto-save" feature and you get the endless "roulette wheel" when loading a save game, then your current save game file is corrupted and you will have to either go back to a save before the corruption occurred (hard to tell) or start over.

* If you have more than one mod that makes any change to the same record or set of records in the vanilla game, then you really need to use a "Merge Patch File" with that collection of mods. Please see the 'Third Rule: The Rule of One' and 'Merge Patch File' sections of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. When in doubt, create a "Merge Patch" file anyway.

If the problem persists, then see either the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' or the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' sections in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so.

-Dubious-

I am Italian so I have TTW in Italian and this causes quite a few problems, I'm using TTW 2.9.4 because on the internet there are guides on how to install TTW in Italian but they are obsolete and don't work with TTW 3.2 and so I am obliged to use TTW 2.9 .4.

I should re-install all of New Vegas with all the advice you gave me, Thanks for the advice.

There are a couple more things I'll throw out there for ya.

If you are using NVSR on Windows 10, that will consistently cause crashing every 15-30 minutes. This is something that trips up a lot of new/long-term-break modders.

Use FPGE (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66726) instead of CAGE. CAGE is very outdated and doesn't include any post-game content (i.e. the world won't be updated to reflect endings).

This is very much personal preference, but I don't think AWOP is worth the performance/stability hit. If it is to you then feel free to keep it, but if you don't feel strongly about it I would think about dropping it.

Wow thanks for the tips but what can replace FNV Stutter remover?

Please see the 'Issue: CTD after 10-20 minutes of play (post-Win10 2017 FCU)' and 'Issue: CTD without warning, "Out of Memory error", or stops responding after the Main Menu' entries in the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

TTW v3.2 is completely different from v2.9.4 (I am told by that team). Their website was hacked and they lost all the old v2.9.4 related information (including their backups), so you need to use the "web archive" project files to obtain those older threads for help.

* FAQ v2.9.4b

* Technical Support v2.9.4b

Remember: those are "archived" threads. Not ones you can ask questions on.

-Dubious-

Ok, I installed FNV with a lot less mods and no graphics mod but it remains blocked on the image of the NRC ranger.

Load Order:

FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm